Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1243

Thread: The Big Chill !

Re: The Big Chill !

C'mon Dave... yer all wet! I just bought a back-up storage file for the bozoputer that holds FIVE HUNDRED GIGS ! It was $89 at Best Buy. Its always been an ongoing thing here as far as picture storage goes. I submit sooo many that I need to take out and replace weekly. My stuff is pretty much for reference, so if anyone ever needs a pic on a particular subject, just ask! I really dont have time or effort for the blog thing and such.

Woke up this morning and within a half hour already felt overwhemed... just thinking about the two week deadline and 6 months of stuff made my head swim. Packed up old black beauty with the new dock box and headed out at 6 a.m. Did breakfast and headed for the yard.
    Gator showed up and within 10 minutes we had the box aboard. It was gonna take about 1/2 hour to level and mount it, but I had to de-bubba-ize the deck area first. There was a bunch of leaking hardware that had to get pulled and temporarily patch the screw holes with 4200. Tomorrow it gets mounted AND FILLED ! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 05-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

LUV them gams!!
    This box will also get some SS louvered vents to keep the stuff dry inside. What a novel idea. The two smaller boxes were swiped before I bought the sub, so this is a welcomed addition!
    Eric SMOOTHMOVE Jensen stopped by for fuel for his beautiful 38 DC on his way downtown to his new digs at Burnham harbor. I gave Ppat a quick lesson on line handling
    ( cleats and hitches ) that she mastered immediately! The gas here has THREE percent ethanol. Akin BARBAROS Tosyali also went in today, got fuel, and headed up to Belmont harbor. Thats only a two block walk from his house... lucky stiff!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Back to the grind... Ppat picked out a luscious bed set and couldnt resist playing "boat". Looks really nice and cant wait for the hibbidy-jibbidy on May 15. Thats a Friday, and we are both playing hooky for a day before launch!!
    I spent a few hours getting the water system back on WITH hot water! Had a PEX connector leak pretty well on the shower valve which was an easy fix after a minor flood. Got to show Ppat the aft bige pumps etc!
    >>> Does anyone want these ?? OEM Danforth chocks (44lbs?) These are WC (wilcox-crittendon) and are a hard rubber. They need just a little cleaning but are very serviceable. Just let me know...
    Tomorrow is the dewinterizing job, bilge pump hose, and maybe another 30 or 40 things off the list! Rolled the 12s over today and they both lit right off. ANOTHER resounding success! Old' girl got really excited until all the smoke blew back up into the boat. Ahhh That Hatteras smell!! KRIPES... Life is good. It really seems that we are finally making some progress on the "fun" stuff. Tomorrows' another day.... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill and Ppat,

Your Lady is looking GREAT! Keep up the awesome work.

Hey Yb and Ppat,,,,looks like ya'll coming right along,,,,,,boats looking good an the box looks good up on deck there.

Sure would like to be able to get to Chicago to watch you launch her,,,,,but make sure you get it on utube.
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...albumview=grid

CAN DO... even tho its not that exciting!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

WELL ERIC... Was the run a success???? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Hey YB,,,

Been studying the pics a little closer and I think what eased my mind even more after looking at them again this am, or today, is the fact that the rubber tube is made a little tougher than I had envisioned, I think that is the part that made me a little more nervous. Man you should write a book with illustrations,,,,you may even be able to capitalize on the monetary value of such an endeavor.

Just a thought,,,,
    Daryl Hollis
    1965 34'DCMY Hull # 33

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...albumview=grid

9. Re: The Big Chill !

Daryl, YOU do not want to go there. We have been up and down about Bill writing a book.... I even offered to help him.... he wants nothing to do with it. I have tried!! ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Today is Jerry Garcia's birthday, and you know what he's doing??? DECOMPOSING LOLOL...Man can I relate! We really got beat up today, but thats not all... youll get beat up twice if you order in the next ten minutes. Where the hell's my brain at? It got sunburned today; we need a nap!
    Seriously, we kicked her into high gear today. Got the dock box screwed, glued and tattooed, got the truck packed with buckets-o-parts, and got a good start on cleaning up the upper salon.
    Even had enough time to sit and smoke for a while with the gal pal, and then showed her some marlinspike seamanship for beginners. We practiced hitches and clove hitches, cleats and sampson post etiquette. She really is starting to understand spring line use and what the BREAST cleats are for
    ;-)) YUMM !!
    Cant wait to get back to Philly Gear tomorrow to rest up for next weekend! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 05-10-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY