Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Thread: The Big Chill !

Threaded View

The Big Chill !

So in order to start a new thred that will garner 100,000 views, I figgered that this ought to get the ball rolling.
    Not to jump the gun, but I am thinking of hauling the first or second week of October. I can do a nice liesurely winterizing and not have to crowd the yard guys either. It kinda nice draining everything in a T shirt instead of thermals and gloves. This year I plan on doing some REAL work... not like last year; that was just a practice run!
    Sooo, I spent yesterday and today changing oil (its needed it all summer!).The dipsticks showed the regular level of 1/2 gallon low.;
    "the sweet spot". Pumped out just 6 gallons of oil and you could hear the pump sucking air. I ran them up to 180F so the oil was thin, let them drain for 30 minutes, and began pumping. The refill took almost 9 gallons (?) must have a hollow leg. Hmmm.Topped off the anti freeze with another 2 gallons of 50/50. I did change the AF this spring and she didnt use a drop. ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 09-18-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults