Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Angry restriction and booted

I have twice now formulated two posts to the "sandbar" relating to health care and economic issues as they relate to the current US upcoming election, I felt these posts may be inciteful as they come from a country that has experienced some of the current and proposed policies under discussion.

Upon submitting the post button, I was kicked out and told I needed to log in, even though I had looged in previously.

There was nothing in these posts of an inflamatory or distasteful nature.

I await an informed response.

Dennis in Vancouver BC

Re: restriction and booted

It isn't censorship, it's a software thing. It has happened to other people here too.

When you log in do you check off the "remember me" box? If it's not that, it probably has something to do with your browser settings i.e. cookies or another security setting.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

"The Man" is watching you.....

I have had that happen too. It has only happened a couple of times and I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the content of my post. If "the man" was watching me, I'd never get to post anything.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Unless you check on "remember me", you only have a few minutes of perceived inactivity before you are automatically logged off. This can happen while you're typing a post if you take more than a few minutes to post it.

Smile Re: restriction and booted

Many thanks for the updates.
    Dennis

This just happened to me for the first time. I re-logged in and my reply posted. You could also back space, copy your reply and then post again.
    Jack Sardina

8. Re: restriction and booted

Ditto, I just was unable to log in this morning...had to reset my pass word???
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.