Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Comment on Etiquette

Note "Tech Talk" post titled Insurance Again. I really don't appreciate people putting political statements on the Forum. If I wanted that I sign on to a political web site or blog. Is this appropriate?

2. Re: Comment on Etiquette

I think this is an interesting question.

The message you refer to is not a message, but a signature. It contains one line that could be considered a political statement.

It is, for all intents and purposes, similar to a "McCain 08" line in one's signature.

As a moderator, I have no position; I find nothing offensive in one line in a signature that says "Nobama 08" any more than I'd find one offensive that says "Nocain 08".

If Sam's/Doug wishes to make a call on this, I will (as a moderator) enforce their desires. Clearly off-color and offensive material has (and will continue to) result in the posting(s) in question being moved and, if necessary, the user(s) responsible being restricted.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Comment on Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilliams11741 View Post
    I really don't appreciate people putting political statements on the Forum.
    Then don't read and/or ignore said statements. Simple solution.

If you don't like someone's signature, you can go into User CP, then go to "Buddy/Ignore List" and put the member's name you find offensive in the ignore category, and you won't ever have to see it again. No need to create a debate over it.

If one is offended by a single line in a signature, I take it that person joined the forum after the Bird's beak was wired shut?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I most wholeheartidly appologize for any misconstruation that my signiture line has caused. Anyone who knows me, knows I give a rats ass in hell about politics Ricky. I refuse to register AND vote, so therefore I have NO SAY whatsoever in how this country is run (or performs for that matter).
    I will let the Illuminati decide how my life will be run, and when Ive had enough, its AMF. FWI... so you dont wet yer pants, that Adios Mas Fuerte.
    Gotta go for now, its the other big weekend for the yacht here. To bad I'll miss the news about RAY NAGGIN, AL SHARPTON, JESSE JACKSON, et al... Im sure theyll all be marchin' about McCain sidin' wid dat female from ALAKSKA <<< check that spelling!
    Hey everybody, enjoy your Labor Day weekend! I will truly pray for anyone thats in the paths of these storms coming ashore, and re-iterate my offer that if it does become as bad as post Katrina and need a place to stay for a month or more, you are welcomed here. IRREGARDLESS of any political leanings! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

To the MODS here... now that Ive vented and relaxed my pucker string, please feel free to edit any language or words that you may feel could be offensive to anyone here.
    Invoking my right to freedom of speech, I do request however, that you leave the subject matter in situ.
    IANSDFMSB ! (I am now stepping down from my soap box) WS
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Signature lines have always been something here that was pretty open. I have seen Biblical quotes, political messages, and even advertising of one's own website in the signatures. They really don't detract from the content of the post as they are limited in size. I may not agree with the messages or I may love them. All it does is let a reader know a little bit more about the poster. This may be helpful because if it makes you think that the guy is a complete idiot, you probably will ignore most of what he posts (this is not directed toward anyone specifically, of course).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That one tickled my INNARDS Sky!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

This is a Hatteras Owners forum. Just say no to the entitlement candidate is our mantra. I am not looking to share what I work hard for. Are you? If the NObama is so offensive I wonder what we will need to sensor to make everyone happy. Oh yeah it is not our job to give everyone happiness. Let them get happy themselves.

Yachtsman willy as he is called by some has contributed so much to this forum. he posts pictures, He discusses solutions and had taken a fallen hatt from the bottom and is making her live again. His signature is his personality and should be taken in the manner in which it's meant. FUN. I believe the "UNTERZEE BOOT" refers to German subs and the Jews on the site have not cried.

Oh wait I know what it is. Run Silent Run Deep was a black and white movie and that is disrespectful to people who are color blind?????????

I have wasted enough time on this and hopefully have not insulted the electrons used to post this. Go boating and enjoy life as it is to short to waste.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

10. Re: Comment on Etiquette

It doesn't matter which of the idiots gets into office, we are doomed either way. The 5 or 6 trillion dollars that the bailout will windup costing along with all the entitlements of a swelling unemployment line, and boomers going on the SS dole will finally break the back of the tax payer. The 535 criminals in congress will ensure that we are taxed into "prospertity".

NoBoma or NoCain, either way we will feel the pain.

Personal attacks are poor etiquette.

While language does get borderline occasionally, this is a forum for adults who own large yachts. We have people of very diverse opinions, and regularly have some very good discussions. Not everyone agrees with each other on the non-boating stuff, and sometimes we have some heated debates on boating stuff. occasionally we can just be plain wrong, or bone headed. But we figure out how to make up and drive on.

My suggestion is either learn to use the ignore button, or just man up and realize there are people out there that don't think like you do, you ain't in Kansas anymore Dorathy! LOL

Feel free to jump in and tell me how horrible it is that someone may not see Obama as the second comming. The last time I voted "for" someone was Reagan. All the other votes were blocking votes to keep the worst idiot of the two choices out of office.

As usual, my recommendation is DON'T RE-ELECT ANYONE!!!!
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com