Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Re: Why I'm voting Democrat..Just read it>>>

In 1999 I bid a job for the City Of Chicago it was for a 50' towboat to be used for maintenance on the Sanitary Ship Canal. I submitted the bid for around $500,000.00. I was notified that we were the lowest qualified bidder but we could not be awarded the contract because we were not a minority owned business. The City Of Chicago has mandated by law that all companies awarded contracts for city work must be a minority owned business. So because my business is owned by me a white American I don't qualify.

They gave me a list of minority owned companies that act as go between's. In other words I would technically sell the boat to one of these companies they would ad around $100,000.00 and then sell it to the City Of Chicago. These companies were nothing more than a black guy with a business license and a cell phone. I passed on the whole deal but that's the way Chicago politics works.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    In 1999 I bid a job for the City Of Chicago it was for a 50' towboat to be used for maintenance on the Sanitary Ship Canal. I submitted the bid for around $500,000.00. I was notified that we were the lowest qualified bidder but we could not be awarded the contract because we were not a minority owned business. The City Of Chicago has mandated by law that all companies awarded contracts for city work must be a minority owned business. So because my business is owned by me a white American I don't qualify.

They gave me a list of minority owned companies that act as go between's. In other words I would technically sell the boat to one of these companies they would ad around $100,000.00 and then sell it to the City Of Chicago. These companies were nothing more than a black guy with a business license and a cell phone. I passed on the whole deal but that's the way Chicago politics works.

Brian

I am sure the "minority company" shared the profit with the political machine, I bet the community orginizer had a hand in it.

Oh...You surely are not refering to our hard working, experienced, soon to be president, are you? He couldn't possibly be involved with the Chicago political machine, could he? BAH!!
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    Oh...You surely are not refering to our hard working, experienced, soon to be president, are you? He couldn't possibly be involved with the Chicago political machine, could he? BAH!!

I would never suggest that! I know he got his money from Allah. How else would he be able to go to Ivy league schools and live in mansions on a stipend that he was paid.

Notice to All Employees

As of November 5, 2008, when President Obama is officially elected into
    office, our company will instill a few new policies which are in keeping
    with his new, inspiring issues of change and fairness:

1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales bonuses into a common pool
    that will be divided equally between all of you. This will serve to give
    those of you who are underachieving a 'fair shake.'

2. All low level workers will be pooling their wages, including overtime,
    into a common pool, dividing it equally amongst yourselves. This will help
    those who are 'too busy for overtime' to reap the rewards from those who
    have more spare time and can work extra hours.

3. All top management will now be referred to as 'the government.' We will
    not participate in this 'pooling' experience because the law doesn't apply
    to us.

4. The 'government' will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week,
    encouraging its workers to continue to work hard 'for the good of all.'

5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies because it's 'good
    to spread the wealth.' Those of you who have underachieved will finally get
    an opportunity; those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel
    more 'patriotic.'

6. The last few people who were hired should clean out their desks. Don't
    feel bad though, because President Obama will give you free healthcare, free
    handouts, free oil for heating your home, free food stamps, and he'll let
    you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you can't pay your
    mortgage. If you appeal directly to our democratic congress, you might even
    get a free flat screen TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all
    Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?) !!!

If for any reason you are not happy with the new policies, you may want to
    rethink your vote on November 4th.
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl