Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

Geo, Do you know the 45 Palm Beach edition 1986 in Charleston? Repowered with Cat C-9's 575HP. Ask is $174,900. Looking for offers.

In looking through the current list of 45's for sale, there are some there on the market for 4 and 5 years! Yikes! Any truly motivated seller with a boat in that list would HAVE to be ready to hear an offer.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Hey Eric -

I think this is the 45 that was up in Myrtle Beach that has been operated as a charter fishing boat - although the engines in this listing are fresher than I remember - so I could be wrong.

I'm a big fan of a repowered 45 (and I'm biased) but one does need to be extra careful to make sure the repower was done correctly. There is a lot more involved than just swapping engines.

My repower was done by Sonny Middleton at Dog River Marine. He did a great job. Two shops here have asked inspect my installation and take pictures as a guide to repowering a 45.

Cheers, george

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Hey Eric -

I think this is the 45 that was up in Myrtle Beach that has been operated as a charter fishing boat - although the engines in this listing are fresher than I remember - so I could be wrong.

I'm a big fan of a repowered 45 (and I'm biased) but one does need to be extra careful to make sure the repower was done correctly. There is a lot more involved than just swapping engines.

My repower was done by Sonny Middleton at Dog River Marine. He did a great job. Two shops here have asked inspect my installation and take pictures as a guide to repowering a 45.

Cheers, george
    would love to see some pics of the repower if ya got'em..and what size props and shafts your runing, also what gears... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Geo, Do you know the 45 Palm Beach edition 1986 in Charleston? Repowered with Cat C-9's 575HP. Ask is $174,900. Looking for offers.

In looking through the current list of 45's for sale, there are some there on the market for 4 and 5 years! Yikes! Any truly motivated seller with a boat in that list would HAVE to be ready to hear an offer.
    Funny you say that. Look it up. First owner, Tony Faraco, Christi. Ocean city nJ. 2nd owner, George C. Robinson Jr. (my father) 1987 Weketchem. Ocean City Nj / Palm Beach. My father sold it in 1992 after Roger Penske sent us 2 brand spanking 6V92's after the first covington conversion units kept blowing up. We put (check it out) two ports under the transom water line to relieve back pressure. fished one season 17 trips with out raising a single white marlin. SOLD. The owner let the boat (SHOW ROOM NEW) when sold, ROT. It got confiscated by the US marshal's office, and sat to ROT even more. My fingers are getting tired, but yes, I do know a little about it.
    STAY AWAY.
    If you really want a nice 45', Buy mine $650K. Pristine condition. 28 knots at 1900 RPM, 45 GPM, basically like my fathers, show room new
    Attached Images

shot when the outriggers where on in Nantucket
    nicest 45' in the world. start your bidding.
    Attached Images

I do love Series 2 45Cs...wish I had room for another project. Maybe when all the cars are done....

Did you ever find someone to take the Blackfin?

no, I'm still looking for a nice 45 Hat to trade with...are you the fella that send my an email today looking to trade?

It wasn't me, but I'll send you an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by shaurette View Post
    It wasn't me, but I'll send you an e-mail.
    that is one sweet ride.. but way over my budget.. I'm looking for a 45 Hat..