Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

still looking..

Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

The series II 45C is the 43C with a bigger cockpit (exactly 2ft longer). The interior, ER, bridge etc are identical. Same hull configuration but a 45C's with the same HP 6V92's as a 43C will run faster and plane better. Same thing with the 50C and the 52C. The 46C is a very differnet boat than the series II 45C. The 46 was based on the early series I 45C. Compared to the series II 45C, the 46C has about 4" or 5" more beam and is about 6" longer. The 46C has a larger interior and ER but slightly smaller cockpit. The series II 45C replaced the 46C but was not based on it.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    The series II 45C is the 43C with a bigger cockpit (exactly 2ft longer). The interior, ER, bridge etc are identical. Same hull configuration but a 45C's with the same HP 6V92's as a 43C will run faster and plane better. Same thing with the 50C and the 52C. The 46C is a very differnet boat than the series II 45C. The 46 was based on the early series I 45C. Compared to the series II 45C, the 46C has about 4" or 5" more beam and is about 6" longer. The 46C has a larger interior and ER but slightly smaller cockpit. The series II 45C replaced the 46C but was not based on it.
    What year did they start building "series II" 45 C's?

They were built 1984-1991
    Jack Sardina

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=54449&url=

Here is a 1985 for 59K - ripe for a refit with QSM's - good luck!

Be real careful with that 45 in NY for 59 K. I recently looked it over for a couple of HOFers and even the broker that was with me was shocked at how a once beautiful Hatteras could be so neglected and beat up. As I told the other guys (and the broker basically agreed), if I were to be offered the boat for free, I'd have to turn it down. Seriously, when you figure the cost of making a boat out of it again, it would far exceed what it could bring in this market. Much better to find one in decent shape.

By the way, I got the impression that the bank that now owns the boat is desperate to unload it and you may be able to get it for 25 - 30 grand. If anyone wants any more details, please PM me with your phone #.

Walt

I was on that 6 years ago when looking for my 45'. it was rough then. Also, see that floating dock. It has left it's mark up and down the hull. If you do the math on rehab, $165K for re-power, $10K for new Generator, $55K for custom paint job, $15K for new linen, curtains, bedding, carpeting, $20K for new electronics,$20K for new helm chairs, bridge cushions and fighting chair etc. another $5K for sink fixtures, lighting, interior wood refinish, and the list goes on, trim tab motor is likely shot, stuffing boxes, Zincs were likely not maintained, so figure on props, shafts, rudders, etc. Free or close to free is not what is happening here. I know of several nice boats in the middle to late 90's that can save you all that $$$$$$$$. when you go on yachtworld, type in Bank Repo, and you can start to see whats really going on out there.

Thanks George.. allot of good info on here.

Here is another nice one with QSM 11's for sale in NC.. does anyone here know this boat boat "Hatt A Boy"

Looks really nice from the outside but I think she has a white interior. I would get some hard info on the fuel burn of the 715's and also during the sea trial make sure that the gearing puts the torque where you want/need it in the power band.

With a repower you obviously don't have the benefit of magazine reviews, etc about how a boat performs. Plus there are a bunch of variables such as gear ratio, props, shaft size and so on. This all means that a seatrial is all the more important.