Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking looking for Hatteras 45C......

who is willing to trade down to nicest 33 Blackfin in the country....?
    email me at

ledgefever@yahoo.com
    Last edited by 1Bigtrouble; 02-24-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Wink Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

1Bigtrouble,

For me and of course IMHO, not even the 2008 Hatteras 50. The 45C is that good and I am not too biased....ha ha. However, if we are talking about the Hatteras 60 GT I will submit. That is a sweet ride. Good luck in your quest if you are seriously looking. I spent months between yachtworld.com and the HOF before we found the "ONE".

Greg
    1985 45C
    Hat Time
    Miami Beach

Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

Greg, I sure would like to talk to you.. could you email me when you get a chance..

Thanks

Harry

Harry -

I searched for several years for my Hatteras and considered several models and finally chose a 1986 45C. I highly recommend the 45. She is large enough to do any kind of fishing in any weather you would care to endure. She is small enough to be economical to run and maintain. Additionally, I think there is a market for 45's to be refit - mine has Cummins QSM11's and there is another one on the forum that has Cat C9's.

When I was looking for mine last year there was a great 45 for sale named "101" owned by a HOF member. Does anyone know if she is still for sale?

Good luck with the search.

Cheers, george

1bigtrouble,

I sent you a pm.

Greg
    1985 45 C
    Hat Time

6. Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Harry -

I searched for several years for my Hatteras and considered several models and finally chose a 1986 45C. I highly recommend the 45. She is large enough to do any kind of fishing in any weather you would care to endure. She is small enough to be economical to run and maintain. Additionally, I think there is a market for 45's to be refit - mine has Cummins QSM11's and there is another one on the forum that has Cat C9's.

When I was looking for mine last year there was a great 45 for sale named "101" owned by a HOF member. Does anyone know if she is still for sale?

Good luck with the search.

Cheers, george
    Paul is pretty busy, however, the "101" has been "sold".
    Paul can tell the particulars.

Quote Originally Posted by solanderi View Post
    1Bigtrouble,

For me and of course IMHO, not even the 2008 Hatteras 50. The 45C is that good and I am not too biased....ha ha. However, if we are talking about the Hatteras 60 GT I will submit. That is a sweet ride. Good luck in your quest if you are seriously looking. I spent months between yachtworld.com and the HOF before we found the "ONE".

Greg
    1985 45C
    Hat Time
    Miami Beach
    What would you consider the principle difference (is there ANY?) between the 45 and the 43C?

8. Re: looking for Hatteras 45C......

2' of cockpit.

Seriously.

A friend of mine has a 43.

The 45, IMHO, runs better; it has more planing surface and is a bit faster, believe it or not.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I'm genuinely interested because I have a 43C with 692's. I thought that the 45C generally came with the "enhanced" 692 (550 hp?) which would certainly explain the greater speed.

I'm happy to be corrected but I think that there is only about 9-13 inches difference in length between the 43 and 45 and the 46 is only another few inches.

I also read that the 46 HP was replaced by the 45 which I assume has a different hull config than the 43 (double chine?) ---another reason for greater speed.

Anyway---I was on a 45 and couldn't readily detect any differences from my 43.

However---never went for a ride so can't comment on any performance differences.

The 43c has 110 square feet of cockpit and the 45c has 132.

I have spent time on a 43c and own a 45c. I have 130lb class fighting chair in my 45c and it fits fine with plenty of room to work around. The 43c doesn't have enough room for such a chair - but not many folks need one either.