Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: 1965 41 DCMY Refit

Well, your boats looks beautiful! If you ever come to Chicago, I would love to take you through mine...
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Thanks for the compliment Akin. If I get up your way I will be sure to take you up on the offer. Likewise, please come by if you are in this part of Florida.

Here are a few more photos of Loose Change's progress. I was just at the shop - they are painting the hull sides today.
    Attached Images

This is just too funny. I noticed this thread and realized not only do I own the 58TC which was made after yachtsmanbill's, I own the 41DC that was made after yours. Mine is 41DC93.

Maybe you should consider buying mine for an investment as you'll own consecutively numbered 41DC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    This is just too funny. I noticed this thread and realized not only do I own the 58TC which was made after yachtsmanbill's, I own the 41DC that was made after yours. Mine is 41DC93.

Maybe you should consider buying mine for an investment as you'll own consecutively numbered 41DC's.

Nice try there, Ra...I mean Sparky. It sure would make for a unique collection, though.

K

Sparky - if a boat could be considered an investment I would jump at your idea. Are there any photos of your 41 posted? I'd like to see her.

Check out the thread in the for sale by owner section on this site, and you'll see some pictures of my 41. BTW, did you have your 41 docked at the city marina in Fort Myers last January? That boat sure does look familiar.

As for Hatts not being investments, I wish somebody had told me that before I bought two of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1
    As for Hatts not being investments, I wish somebody had told me that before I bought two of them...
    RR,

Well, they are investments all right, it just turns out they are *bad* investments.

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    RR,

Well, they are investments all right, it just turns out they are *bad* investments.

DAN
    I resemble that remark! As boats go, I don't think you can choose better (in a price range that at least some mortals can afford) than a Hat for having consistently high value based on quality of engineering and construction - and holding that value. When this market turns back around, the underlying qualities of the Hat will float the marque back to the top of the pack.

Sparky,

I was not in Fort Meyers in January, so it had to be yet another great looking 41. There is a guy in St. Pete (Rich Loyd - Yacht Power Services) that has an absolutely pristine and original, unmodified early '65 41 DCMY. Wouldn't it be great if we could organize a rendezvous for this model? Too bad the odds are against it.

Actually, it was January of last year that I saw that 41DC in Fort Myers. Come to think of it, I believe there was another one in the Fort Myers marina where Norm Mayer keeps his boat. I wonder what Akin's hull number is. It would be neat to round up a bunch of 41DC owners, but as you say, the logistics would never allow it.

Then again, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that I could end up in Florida with mine. It's always interesting to board boats of the same vintage as one you own. No two are ever the same from those I've seen.