Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

29.1 knots on the bay

Re: 29.1 knots on the bay

Great photo!

For those of us who are a) old, b) slow (43'MY w/6-71's, what size craft is that and what is the motive power to deliver that type of performance?

I remember what a very respectable Hatt triple ABYC certified tech told me about a new 65 Hatt convertible that had come it. They waited for 8' seas on Lk MI then went for a firewall run at I would think 35Knots or so. Tried to see if they could get her to bounce. Actually 'no' he said. Much massive flying seas, boat induced, but caught no air. Proabably about the same as my 43'MY in 5 footers at 13Kn...smooth, comfortable bobbing and some flying seas.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

It is a 1983 46C HP model with 650 HP 8V92s. When it was new it would hit 33kt on the Northstar. The pic was taken by my friend on his 1985 45C, after he took pics of me, we took pics of his boat. Dave

5. Re: 29.1 knots on the bay

back when I had my last CC. I could do 76 mph.... Triple 250 Yamahas...
    The "scary thing is" I prefer doing 7-9 kits with my Hatt... "well, most of the time."
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Good very good

Brian
    Attached Images

I think I saw him sleeping on the bench near your boat at TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Good very good

Brian
    Ok, sorry, but couldn't let this go by. My dental chairside is making idle talk. Oh, you've been to China! They all have free dental care there!! (a pure Obama voter). No, I replied, no one has any dental care, let alone free. Most all teeth are bad (save the middle class in the major cities). Toothbrushes and toothpaste is a major breakthrough there. So the picture above is what many Chinese teeth (and other 3rd world countries) look like; liberals starry-eyed images to the contrary.

To quote a friend of mine, who left Russia 15 years ago, when I met him at a Beaners (Starbucks equiv). I spoke up- "Hey, great to see you. Why are you here? They have free coffee at the office!" (I had since left the project at his company). "Oh, he says, with very Russian accent, "...that's Communist Coffee- it's free, but its baaad!" lol.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

What bay were you in? Guessing Tampa?

Very nice picture, Dave!

Thanks a lot for posting it. I am jealous!

DAN