Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    aah924 Guest

misc. parts for sale

I have parts, from my freshly finished, COMPLETE rewiring job on my '72, 36' Hatt. I have a 12 breaker DC Hatteras panel, all breakers in great shape. I have a Kenyon speedometer, no idea is it works or not, and I have a pair of the plastic helm gauge covers. I have pictures of the panel and speedometer, but the gauge covers are in a drawer, on the boat.

Reasonable offers will be accepted.

Thanks,

Allen

Bertramp Guest

36 rewiring

did you do it yourself or did you havea yard do it ?
    how much time/money was it to have this done

wndsr Guest

misc parts

I am interested in the gauge covers-If no pics are avail-could you give me the dimensions-Are they slightly L-shaped??. Feel free to email me direct at wndsr366@aol.com with info and price-Thanks

aah924 Guest

rewiring

No, I would not begin to take on such a task. I have someone who is doing it on the side. He used to wire new boats at a local builder and he now works for a friend of mine. He's working for much less than an if I carried it to a yard, etc.

I believe that someone was quoted appx. $60 K for a re-wiring, by a yard in NC. They probably aren't that far off, if you figure that most yards, electricians, etc. would probably charge appx. $75 per hour.

The worst part is that the original plan was to just rewire the helm area; however, the more we dug into the wiring, the scarier it was. Anyway, I have now replaced every wire in the boat, including A/C and shore power, etc. No more worries!!!:rollin :eek

eze2bme Guest

12 volt panel

How many and what size breakers are on this panel? Do you have any pictures? What condition and price? Email me at eze2bme@aol.com. Thanks.

aah924 Guest

Sold breaker panel

Thanks for the reply; however, it just sold on ebay for $100. FYI, it had 12 DC breakers + one master breaker and was 12" x 12".

Allen

vpops0 Guest

Re: Sold breaker panel

I just got a quote for new A/C that was $12K for 32,000 btu air and heat. I bought two new units with electronic controls and all new installation hardware/pumps/hoses for $2,300. It will take me about 4 hours to install them and run new flex duct. I guess I better charge myself about $2,500 bucks an hour to come out even. $60K for a re-wire? I want some of that business. At $75 an hour that is about 800 hours of labor. I guess they want to get paid while they are sleeping between work breaks. Now I know why Rybovich="Rob-the-Rich"

Re: Sold breaker panel

Quote Originally Posted by vpops0
    I just got a quote for new A/C that was $12K for 32,000 btu air and heat. I bought two new units with electronic controls and all new installation hardware/pumps/hoses for $2,300. It will take me about 4 hours to install them and run new flex duct. I guess I better charge myself about $2,500 bucks an hour to come out even. $60K for a re-wire? I want some of that business. At $75 an hour that is about 800 hours of labor. I guess they want to get paid while they are sleeping between work breaks. Now I know why Rybovich="Rob-the-Rich"
    A good friend of mine just spent $15K for a partial rewire* of his 46 Matthews MY up here in MD. And this was from a company that has their own CNC equipment so they can build their own panels with original logos. I think 60 kilobucks for a rewire is ridiculous. Maybe it is one of those "give them an insane estimate because we really don't want to do the job" type quotes. On my friend's boat, they rang every wire back and replaced all the panels, shore inlets, etc. Took weeks.

9. Talking Re: misc. parts for sale

I am rewiring my 1973 Yachtfish, I will keep you posted on what it actually costs and how many hours of labor. By the way, who wants to know about bottom paint that lasts 5 years and costs about a third of the supposed "best" $150.00 gal big name stuff? How about 20 years of real world tests with the U.S. Navy. Most of the paint on the market is designed for one thing, seperating you from your wallet. No it does not have Tin in it, only copper just like the kind you buy now, only it really works. Works on running gear too. Made by a national company, it is just kept secret by all the people who want you to haul your boat and paint it once a year.

10. Re: misc. parts for sale

Ok, so what's this miracle paint?