Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bow A/C

Bow A/C

I have never had alot of air moving thru the vent in my bow state room on my 53 ED. Is this normal or do I need to replace the switch that controls the fan speed. Oh by the way for those who care I moved my boat back to lake Texoma and am taking it off the market. I refuse to take a bath on a great boat. We have people paying 900 + on the new 52 Regal express at the lake, I keep my Hatt.

Re: Bow A/C

Does the fan speed dial work? Can you vary the speed at all? My fan speed control up there quit too. I bypassed it (wired direct) until I have time to replace it with the Coastal Climate Control digital controls.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The dial works, but on full not much air comes out. It is the warmest room on the boat. If dose not even compair to the galley air flow. It has been like this since I have owned the boat, and that has been four years.

Mine is the same way on our 53MY - the least effective a/c-heat is in the bow stateroom, the guest stateroom is better but also not as good as the master, saloon, and galley. The ac/heat units in those areas can quickly run you out of the boat with no trouble at all.

That being said, the bow unit will keep that area comfortable regardless of the conditions. It just takes longer to make a major temp change than it does in the other areas. But once there it will hold it ok.
    Last edited by MikeP; 06-30-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Bypass the fan control and see if helps. If not, then you may need a new fan motor.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI