Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Weather station for the boat. Any suggestions?

I'm looking to replace my old Davis weather station on my boat with something else. Looking for wind speed and direction mainly but I like the temp, barometor and all that other jazz too...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Captned
    MBMM

Re: Weather station for the boat. Any suggestions?

We have been very happy with the La Crosse wireless set up we bought at Sam's Club for about 90 bucks last Christmas. Gives you all sorts of info and the since the display is wireless you can take it wherever you want on the boat (either helm, bed side, etc) It just reads apparent wind direction and speed (I set it up so the bow of the boat is "North" ), but I can do the math easy enough.

George

Thanks George,

What model is it?

Captned
    Miami Beach Mishap Marina

Does that include a conventional annemomter? Or is it a DaVinci tube (LOL) ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

We have the WS-1515-IT, which is kind of like this one:

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/1612/index.php

I don't use the rain gauge.

As you can see it has the whirly bird style wind guage; it is wired in turn tio the temp/humidity gauge which then transmits all the data wirelessly to the display stations.

All in all, pretty slick.

These guys have all kinds of weather stations (I have never bought from them though):

http://www.ambientweather.com/

George