Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil up

oil up

Saw it hit 140 today due to Lybia announcing they are considering a cut in production.

Well I said in a few other threads that the raggers will do this. However here is another thought. They may never cut production but I bet they are heavily invested in Oil futures and bought yesterday while low and made this announcment just to make it run up and then cash in. Gives them more terrorist money to spend and instantly. Where is uncle Ronnie when you need him. He and ole Momar had an understanding.

2. Re: oil up

A few years ago West Marine had a sale (yup, an ACTUAL sale) on diesel oil, was $4 for one gal container (delco 40w) limit of 5.
    I stopped in (in my BellSouth van) and couldn't see any on the floor so asked the girl behind the counter if they had any in the back...
    "We sure do!" she said....." How many do you want?"
    I said, "HOW many can I buy at the sale price?"
    "As many as you want"... She said
    "How many do you have?" I asked
    10 mins later she came back from the back........ "48 left" she told me.
    I bought all 48 of them.
    Still have some left.... But have refused to see what it will cost me the next time I need to buy it..... With my new mechanical valve, it might put me back in the hospital..... :}
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: oil up

...........and market down!