PDA

View Full Version : All Around Nav Light

DAlter
05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Recently, I had my top replaced on the bridge. I am in the process of replacing the "all around" nav light (about 12 inches tall) that I removed prior to the new top installation. The old light (Attwood) had alot of corrosion and almost fell apart in my hands when I removed it. I bought a new one from Perko only discover that the festoon bulbs are now about 1 1/8 inches long, which is 1/2 inch shorter then the "normal" size ones which I can actually get in 32V. I called Perko and they told me they no longer make lights certified for 32V. Now I am on the lookout for an all around light that would be proper for the boat and, most importantly, can accomodate 32V bulbs that I can actually find somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction in my quest for an all around light for the 53MY?

Doug

SKYCHENEY
05-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Doug,
Did you talk to Steve McPherson. He has quite a few fixtures and bulbs. When I needed a new fixture, he had one that was a Perko and even sent it with the proper 32v bulbs to install. It was for a different application, but it might be worth calling him to see if he has the bulbs for your new light or a light for your old bulbs.

DAlter
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Sky,

Who is Steve McPherson?

eze2bme
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Steve McPhearson IS SAM's Marine! 800-678-9230 He''l more than likely have what you need. Just give him the hull number.

spartonboat1
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Sky,

Who is Steve McPherson?

Steve is who you meet at the Hatteras Off-White gates, when you go to Hatteras heaven...be nice and buy some stuff and he'll let you in!

yachtsmanbill
05-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Steve is who you meet at the Hatteras Off-White gates, when you go to Hatteras heaven...be nice and buy some stuff and he'll let you in!

He'll only ask you one question... Spell Hatteras! Everyone else has to spell CHRYSANTHEMUM !! ws

DAlter
05-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Oops..I hope I didn't commit a mortal sin by not knowing who Steve was. I guess I should've read the " History of Sam's" before asking the question. The things you learn on the HOF are amazing. Anyhow, I have always dealt with Mike Price, who is very helpful, but this time I'll give the big boss a call and see if he could help. Thanks.