Spell check...

mario

MikeP
04-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Nice!

Butt Aye due knot sea the knead four spell Czech. :D

Genesis
04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I cant spull eithur.... butt I dunt kare if neone seez dat.

administrator
04-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Yup!

I knew that would be a request. I have it on my list to include so I'll get to it as soon as I kin.

Passages
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Yep, site looks good. :D

A little suggestion would be to not break up the "General Discussion" category into two sub-categories. I liked being able to quickly scan all new "General Discussion" topics at one glance. It really didn't matter if the subject was engines or 'anything else', I read it all. :rolleyes:

first230sl
04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Looks outstanding. It took me a few minutes to get use to the navigation - but it seems pretty clear now.

I especially like the owners image gallery and can't wait until it is open for general posting.

Very nice and thanks so much for all your effort.

As an experiment I am going to attach a picture of my boat on the hoist.

Best regards - Murray

MikeP
04-13-2005, 08:26 AM
The new format with its additional capabilities is superb. The only suggestion I have is to agree with passages' comment about breaking up the posts into different categories. I prefer the method used on the original site where everything other than boat or equipment "for sales" is in one category.

MikeP

MicroKap
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I think it's great. I agree with the above two posts. I read everything I can in the General Discussion because sometimes you get an idea from a topic that you may not have read.

Good luck with the new site. I hope it brings even more people together to share experiences and questions about their Hatteri (is that the correct plural form of Hatteras?). :)

Larry K.
1980 60' Sportfish

MicroKap
04-13-2005, 01:11 PM
How do you get an Avatar anyway to post in your profile?

Larry K.

administrator
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Actually, you have made my life a little easier. Importing the old threads over to one forum in the General Discussion will be easier for me to do. I've changed it back so that everything is under one category in General Discussion.

Thanks for the input!

oldhatt
04-13-2005, 04:41 PM
All this new stuff looks great. Being the computer dummy that I am, it will take me a while to get used to the new form. Thanks to all responsible.
Safe Boating,
Sam

Nonchalant1
04-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Doug,

Great Job on the new forum!

I agree with not splitting up general discussion and "technical". I like to peruse all subjects together.

My only comment is that it only uses about half the page (the middle half) which leaves a lot of unused space on my screen and unnecessarily increases the length of the postings and the required scrolling.

Thanks Again!

Doug Shuman

PS - Cool that every word MikeP's entire sentence is wrong, but would pass spell check! Do you have to be a spell check laureate for that?

administrator
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks Doug,

Glad you mentioned the fixed screen thing. I've set up three different syles that users can choose to view the forum. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of any page and look for the drop down box on the bottom left. It will default to the Blue Saint style which is a fixed length centered table. However, you can pick either of the other two (Blue Saint Liquid or Default Style) and either of those styles will give you a full horizontal screen.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

CaptainHatt
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I just wanted to put something in here to see if I could. I think this forum is going to work just fine.

34Hatt
04-14-2005, 12:22 PM
This is looking GREAT much more powerful and lots of options. Only had one problem when trying to put up a profile picture using the option of linking to a picture it said to large but the picture was the 100x100, the same picture I was able to upload with no problem?????
Thanks too all!!!!!
This Edit feature also works Great !!

MikeP
04-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Brigadoon at Liberty Landing Marina, NY Harbor

MikeP
04-15-2005, 06:19 AM
WOW! Neato

...Are you sure you don't want to charge a nominal subscription fee? I almost feel bad using a site this good for nothing!

administrator
04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
WOW! Neato

...Are you sure you don't want to charge a nominal subscription fee? I almost feel bad using a site this good for nothing!

Thanks Mike and to everyone who has taken the time to comment on the new site. Hopefully, the threads from the old site will be on here soon and I can open it up for use.

Thanks for the offer but we've decided the site will remain free to all. Right now I have the system on a shared server but my guess is we'll need to purchase a dedicated server to host it all down the road. That's fine and I hope we do because that will mean the site is a success!

We may try to sell a little marine related advertising on the site somewhere down the road to help offset some of the costs, but I don't want to overdo it.

Through one of our sister companies, Deep River Traders that also handles the Hatteras Collection merchanise program, we will soon be offering a vintage line of Hatteras Tshirts. A portion of the proceeds will also go towards up keep of this site.

Just keep Sam's Marine in mind when you need a part for your boat and help us spread the word.

Oh by the way, the first design we'll be offering on the vintage tees is the 53MY!

Passages
04-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Are Calendar entries viewable to all registered members or just the member who made the entry?

administrator
04-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Are Calendar entries viewable to all registered members or just the member who made the entry?

The Calendar is a public calendar. Any entry made by any user is viewable to all.

Beckytek
04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
I love the new forum. You did a great job with it. Keep up the good work. I read it everyday, some times more.
Ron

Beckytek
04-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Doug,
I sent an email to another member. How would they know an email was sent to them? Does it show an alert after you log on or what?
Ron

administrator
04-28-2005, 07:41 AM
First of all, the user you sent the email must have checked the box allowing email from other users during registration (or in options in the USER CP). If they allow email from other users, they would get a regular email from this forum with your message in their in box (Outlook for example).

If you send a private message to another user, they will see that they have a private message in the upper right hand corner under the Welcome, username.

If the user left the private message popup notification box checked during registration, he or she would also get a popup notification that they have a private message the next time they sign on.

Private messages work within this forum and email works with the user's email client.

You can test this by clicking on member list, finding your username, and sending yourself an email or private message to see how it works.

Beckytek
04-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks Doug for clearing that up for me. I see the private message notice when I log on but wasn't sure if the email stayed within the forum.
Ron

MORNING STAR
05-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Doug,

I was gone for three weeks moving the Morning Star from Mobile, AL to Hampton, VA (2nd leg to Nova Scotia from the Tenn. River- 2,120 miles so far). When I got home I logged on and found WOW!!!!!!!!!!! an unreal web site. This is without a doubt one of the best if not the best web sites I have ever seen!!

Thanks to you and the team for providing this worthwhile site.

Dennis
Morning Star

P.S. Is it just me or do you have to log on again if you go to other sections of the site???? I know I have some learning to do but I am loving it .

administrator
05-04-2005, 01:53 PM
"P.S. Is it just me or do you have to log on again if you go to other sections of the site???? I know I have some learning to do but I am loving it ."
Thanks Dennis. I'm glad you like the new site.

If you are having to log into the site multiple times while using the forum, my guess is that it is a cookie problem.

Did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in?

MORNING STAR
05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Doug,

Yes I did click the remember me "button". I have noticed when I use the tabs at the top of the section I am in I do not have to log in again when it goes to the new section. However, if I use the scroll down tabs and leave the section I am currently in I have to resign in i.e. go from general back to home I have to sign in again.

Try it and see if it happens to you. Although with you main pooba top security clearance it may not happen to you :>:>!!

Thanks for the help and again, This is an exemplary site!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis
Morning Star

Hatt36
05-04-2005, 04:16 PM
The format and ease of use of this formum is terrific. Far better than the previous version.
Richard

administrator
05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=MORNING STAR]Doug,

Yes I did click the remember me "button". I have noticed when I use the tabs at the top of the section I am in I do not have to log in again when it goes to the new section. However, if I use the scroll down tabs and leave the section I am currently in I have to resign in i.e. go from general back to home I have to sign in again.

Try it and see if it happens to you. Although with you main pooba top security clearance it may not happen to you :>:>!!

Hmmm.... I still think it is a cookie problem. I tried it everyway I could and I never have to log back in. I logged in as a regular registered user (no grand poohbah security clearance) and it still worked OK.

What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer, try to clear your cookies (Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies button).

MORNING STAR
05-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Doug,

I am using Explorer. I deleted cookies as you suggested and tried again. I signed on and went to feedback. I was still signed on. I then used the Forum Jump to return home and I was not signed on when I got there. Used the back button and went back to feedback where I was signed on. I then used the "table" at the top of the screen and selected "Home" and went there and was still signed on. As long as I use the "table" at the top and not the Forum jump I remain signed on.

Also, if I use the "Forum Jump" and remain in the "Forum section" I will remain signed in. However, If I use the "Forum Jump" and go to Site Areas" I have to sign back in.

Hey!! The solution is simple!! Don't use the Forum Jump to go to "Site Areas" :>:>:>!!!!

Don't worry about this!! You will get gray hair :>:>!! I love the site and this is something I learned to go around.

Dennis
Morning Star

P.S. I also have two "cookie" programs I use regularly to get rid of cookies. I don't think cookies are doing it but you may be right.