PDA

View Full Version : Check valve

akintosyali
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I got my new fuel tank for my 1965 41DC and I want to bring the fuel lines up to standard, so I plan to add a check valve (I guess it is a USCG requirement and the original set up din't have them.)

I have 426 Chryslers, and my questions are:

1- where should the the check valves be installed?
2- I found the following check valve at mcmaster.com: search for 7775K53. It is a 3/8" female to female with viton seat. They open up at 0.3 PSI. Is this the right type of check valve? I do not want to strain my manual fuel pumps..
3- Is a vacuum gauge a USCG requirement? (If not, I rather jsut replace the filters once a year on not worry about one more gauge..)

Maynard Rupp
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Our '86 36C hatteras has check valves. The are in line, just beyond the shutoff valves on the brass plate at the top of the gas tank. Ours have a ball and spring inside a brass fitting that has a 1/4" or 3/8" male pipe thread on one end and a male flare fitting for 3/8" copper tubing on the other. Maybe Sam's has them. I found ours because one had some junk stuck in it from the tank. The stuff looked like peeled varnish. It was bad enough to make the engine cut out at all except lower power settings. I had to tear my hair out before I found that. I didn't know about those check valves or the Coast Guard requirement until Pascal, from this forum, told me about it. They are not required for diesels. :o

rswirtz
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, kudos to Pascal, thats a really great find, fix, piece of knowledge.