PDA

View Full Version : Capacity Of Marquipt Davit

Brian Degulis
02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello All

I have a Marquipt davit on my 1985 61' MY and I'm trying to determine the capacity. Marquipt is needing a # off it which I either can't find or doesn't exist no one there seems to know where it would be. It is a pretty common unit I've seen it on some other boats. It is not hydraulic just a simple rotating davit with a 1200# Golo winch. It is mounted on the boat deck starbt stern. The standpipe passes thru the boat deck to the main deck just behind the deckhouse.

Does anyone have a similiar set up and know the capacity?

Thanks in advance

Brian

MikeP
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
That sounds like the same one we have - 120V manual traverse with a manually adjustable boom extension? If so, the Marquipt paperwork on the boat showed it to be 800lbs.

SKYCHENEY
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I believe Mike is probably correct. Most non-hydraulic units are rated at 1000lbs or less. I have a Nautical Structures davit and it is rated at only 600lbs. Maybe you could post a picture and then someone could tell you more difinatively. You could also try to match it up to the pictures on the Marquipt side-- www.marquipt.com

exsailor
02-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Sky
Tough to quantify, but is yours really noisy? Heard one same as yours Friday and it was really screeching.
PO did not know capacity ... thanks for info.
exsailor

SKYCHENEY
02-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Mine is not too loud. It is a 120v winch and you can hear it, but it's not bad. Maybe he had it overloaded or the motor was failing. I think it's a fine unit. It works as intented and it looks good since it is a low profile one. I'm not sure, however, that I would buy another one. I think if I were buying new I would look at a unit like Sam's has for sale. That hydraulic Marquipt with the turn function would make it much easier to handle. Of couse it's probably also double the cost of the one I have as well.

StratPlan61
02-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Brian - the davit on my 61' sounds as you described. Mine is a Marquipt TenderLift (low profile) rated at 1,000#. It is the factory installed davit and is totally silent, works great. It does not use a winch system. Shoot a digital picture to marquipt, they can ID it for you.

Bear'
1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Diver Down
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Brian,
See attached picture. Is this the same as your davit? If so, we're both looking for the same info.

Brian Degulis
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Yes that is the same davit I sent photos to a fellow list member and he said it looked like the same one he had his was rated at 800LBS. I also sent photos to Marquipt and they feel prety certain it is rated at 1000lbs

Thanks to all who responded I'm confident now that it is at least 800lbs

Brian

Diver Down
02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have a manual on this davit that they would be willing to share with us?

MikeP
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, if I was in range of my boat, I'd be glad to scan/send it but I'm not. I will be back in NY in late March and will be glad to do it if no one else has supplied it by then.

Diver Down
03-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Mike,
Will gladly wait until you return to NY for a copy of this manual. Thanks for the offer.
Michael Ewing
Southern Comfort, 1977 58YF
Chesapeake, VA

MikeP
03-28-2007, 08:53 AM
I was wrong about the 800# rating. I just came from the boat (got back to NY last night) and pulled the oem Marquipt sheet - it is 1000# for the Marquipt "Sea Davit" which is the one on out boat.

Never trust your memory - that's why having the service manual at hand when working on engines is MANDATORY!

Brian Degulis
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Well thanks for checking Marquipt told me the davit itself is rated up to 1500 lbs. with the corect winch and pulley.

Brian

MikeP
03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
True, but you have to know which model you have. I pulled the sheets on the boat for the original installation/model which, judging from pictures, may be quite different from boat to boat. A friend bought a beautiful 53 last year at a giveaway price that does not now have and never had a davit at all. Seems strange to me because I think a dink is mandatory on a 53 but I guess that depends on how you use it (the 53).

Anyway, mine is the Marquipt "Sea Davit" and I sent Mike a scan of the instruction sheet that came with it.

aquaddiction
01-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Hello Gents
I have. 1985 56MY with an early Marquipt Davit. Despite sending Marquipt the photos they want the serial # to identify it. The 120V winch had been replaced but not certain if the davit structure rating. It is the manual slew, extension type with no hydraulic lift.

I will try to attach photos
Any help with a spec sheet would be great, I want to lift a 13' whaler with console and gear approx 380kg
Thanks
Aquaddiction
M/Y Eloquence

aquaddiction
09-25-2018, 06:03 AM
Brian,See attached picture. Is this the same as your davit? If so, we're both looking for the same info. Hello again Just trying to clarify from the threads the rating of the marquipt Davis that has been pictured. Has anyone been able to turn up a manual that they can supply a PDF of?