PDA

View Full Version : yacht safety center 1979 58 m/y

hipirihop
08-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I am installing a new custom safety center from aqualarm. I have a doubt. The main board of the original alarm installed by Hatteras, located in the engine room receives 32 volts direct from the battery, but the key switch to activate the engine sensors in the alarm is 12 volts. Is the old safety center installed by Hatteras 12 volt completely (sensors, bell and panel)?
Could a new 32volt alarm system use the original engine and fire sensors?
Thanks,
Ricardo

rangerscott275
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I just put a 10 point engine alarm system from aqualarm on my boat. It was a 32v system purchased from sams....entire system is 32V on mine as far as I know. I just called the electrician that installed it and he agreed (bell's, etc, everything is 32v). Also, you will prob need to use (or at least should use) all new senders to ensure compatability.

harnett
08-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't know exactly which panel you are looking at but the sensors on most of the alarm panels I have seen are simple "contact closure" switches which won't care about the voltage of the control board. The noise maker(bell) will probably have to be changed but the sensors should work fine with your new panel.