PDA

View Full Version : 45C Owners Anyone tell me if this is right??

Gina Marie
08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
First let me say hello again just got back from the keys since early July trying to catch up on all the threads but when we were playing in the keys I was able to see her from the water line as we snorkeled and played with the toys. I noticed that the Gina Marie with a little less then 1/2 tanks of fuel with my head empty and water at less than a 1/4 full.

She sits bow down and the stern water line must be 2 to 3 inches out of the water. Is this right????????????????

Thanks Gina Marie/Tom

Genesis
08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Where are the exhaust outlets and what do you have in the forward stateroom and chain locker?

Someone may have repainted the bootstripe at some point in the boat's life....

This is how my 45C sat (1985) with 3/4 fuel and a reasonably-full water tank. With light fuel she'd sit about an inch higher in the stern.

Paul45c
08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
With a davit on my bow (reasonably heavy QuickLift) and all-chain in the locker, my 45c had a slight bow-down aspect under anything less than full fuel, pretty much. With the chain gone, now it's pretty even laying, almost regardless of fuel, so that does make a difference.

worldsaway
08-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I found that my waterline had been repainted before I bought the boat and was not done correctly. You can still see where the original waterline was (barely) and the newer version is lower and not parallel to the true waterline. Adds to that bow down appearance. Next haulout I'll be looking to fix that. With full fuel the water just barely goes into the exhausts.

George
08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Perfectly normal. The other day I burned 370 Gallon. Transome was up about 6". Funny thing on my boat as I cruise around 28 knots, is I cant get the bow to go up and she winds up bow digging a little when she is low on fuel.

Genesis
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
What the devil do you have in that boat for power that it runs at 28kts cruise?!

jim rosenthal
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Isn't that the boat that was done over with CAT C12s or Cummins M11s a year or so ago...??? Capt Coop's boat with M11s cruises 28kts, or better, I'm certain of it.

Genesis
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
That would also explain the trim change.

You take a pair of 6V92/Allisons out of there and put in more modern iron, you're probably taking a ton - or more - of weight out of the boat. The weight that comes out is close to the CG but its going to change the CB computation significantly.