PDA

View Full Version : First Dibbs

yachtsmanbill
08-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi everybody !!
Due to a change of plans and logistics ( financial ) I find myself needing to put HATT TRICK up for adoption :( I am entertaining offers for an
" as is / where is " sale that you will not see for a long time to come. If nothing comes of this EBAY is next !!
HATT TRICK IS A RECOVERY BOAT. This vessel will be sold for what I have into her with no punches pulled !! MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN !! I have just completed a 200 mile shake down cruise and she has performed flawlessly. Here are some facts;
1974 58 3SR with NO SOFT SPOTS -- an 8 foot cockpit extension and full length spray rails added by Hatt South in '84 at a cost of 200 K according to previous owners (P.O.)

12-71 Ns w/ 1800 hrs- fresh N70s, NEW starters and alts. oil and filters etc etc.Start on one starter click and ZERO SMOKE - boat ran all day at 1700 rpm @ 12 kts-- SMOOTH !!
ALLISON 2:1
FULL 850 gallons of fuel in CLEAN TANKS w/aux 150 gallon tank fwd.
FRESH rebuilt RACOR 1000s
NAID stabes installed in '90 @ 45K and as of yet untested ( P.O. )
Furuno 1411 72 mile color radar - perfect
Furuno color GPS plotter and sounder - perfect
ROBERTSON AP 300 - untested
UNIDEN VHF - perfect
20 KW Westerbeke - untested - rebuilt starter and alt, pumps,glow plugs, oil and filter-ran outa time to fire up, needs battery
new shore power inlets @ 2-30 amp plus 220 service
SEATALK 225 SSB untested
TRACKVISION sat t.v. untested
IDEAL windlass - perfect, needs down switch w/75 lb anchor and all chain rode
2 new RULE bilge pumps- all 5 are 3000 GPH
4 new 8V21 batteries w/ warranty
ALL NEW safety stuff
INTACT Cardox system- needs service- hydro due in '03
Hand held F.E.s in every cabin
New zincs and fresh bottom paint
NEW curerent USCG documetation and USPS safety exam
If you desire a haul out I will SPLIT the cost !! Boat was launched 8-2-06 in NOLA.
COSMETICS :
external: about 90% - needs a repair to forward hand rail- material there, but needs install, needs 1 port lite ring have broken- pcs to repair 2" long. Basically not bad but due to P.O. neglect--- :confused: :eek:
Internall: all soft goods removed from helm down, starboard side wood needs to be refinished ( stained ) but has been totally cleaned and power washed. Headliners are near perfect and all boat systems appear to function.
I am in Chicago and boat is at Dog River Marina in Mobile Al. I will be there next week to show her to anyone interested, including a cold start up -- just dont come to kick our tires !!
Feel free to call or PM me -- I have a thousand jpgs and will return all inquiries!!
Thanks for yer patience!!
Wild Bill @ yachtsman36@comcast.net 630 388 8882 anytime :)

Passages
08-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Can you post pics of the damaged areas? Price?

yachtsmanbill
08-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I would love to, but I have yet to master downsizing jpgs to conform to this sites posting format-- Please email me and I will be happy to forward pix directly to you. Maybe I can get my old lady to help post some here. She teaches this stuff at the local college. As far as price is concerned, call for discussion-- I AM VERY OPEN and I am sure you know what a yacht of this caliber is worth. Presently, on a scale of 1-10 she is about a 7, mechanically a 9. Smaller more local trades might be given consideration. Thanks for the inquiry !!
Bill 630 388 8882

ThirdHatt
08-12-2006, 11:32 AM
YachtsmanBill, Let me be the first to offer you a sincere CONGRATS on a successful launch and shakedown cruise! You have come a LONG WAY since you first bought that boat. I will never forget the day I came to see you shortly after you bought the boat and I saw the pale, somewhat overwhelmed look on your face as to say "Where do I begin?"! You have done 75% of the hard work in cleaning the entire boat, removing all the soft goods, getting the engines serviced, tuned up and running good and getting her back in the water where she belongs.

While there is still much to do, surely someone will be able to take it from where you must leave it. I assure you that she will be a much more attractive buy to someone now that she is floating and running fine again. I admire your drive and ambition and I am sorry to hear that you must pass her on after pouring so much into her. Hopefully someone will cheerfully continue what you have started and bring her back to the yacht condition that she so deserves. We need more like you that are not scared or intimidated by huge projects and get the boats (that are not badly damaged, of course) back in the water and running so that they can be enjoyed by future yachtsmen. There are a finite and dwindling number of these Classic Hatteras yachts out there, so like they say about classic cars:"Don't crush them, restore them!" Your boat was one of the few that sustained very little exterior cosmetic damage and NO hull damage. Other than all the problems that water intrusion bring, there was absolutely no reason to "scrap" such a nice yacht. Someone should now be able to come in and do some rewiring, replace some electrical components, refinish some wood and decorate the interior with soft goods and have themselves a big, beautiful Classic Hatteras Yacht as a very attractive price. I wish you, and the Cajun Hatt Trick the very best of luck!

jim rosenthal
08-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Bill, good for you. It is a huge achievement to have accomplished this. I am sorry you are not able to finish it, but someone else will be grateful to you.

The total number of Hatteras Yachts produced since the company's inception in 1959 is a bit over seven thousand- not a huge number for nearly fifty years of production. Congratulations on saving one from the knacker's yard.