PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Hurricane Prognosticators

Capten
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Any of you hurricane experts have an early guess on how TS Chris might affect the Mid Atlantic Region next week? Trying to figure out just how badly we will be beat up during next week’s White Marlin Open in Ocean City, MD. :eek:

http://www.whitemarlinopen.com/

Paul45c
08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
You'll have no effect. The northernmost projection of the probability cone doesn't extend beyond S. Florida. It'll sweep into the Gulf, the only question is at exactly what latitude. Good hunting.

Traveler 45C
08-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Can't wait. Here we go again...:mad:

rmaher
08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
You'll have no effect. The northernmost projection of the probability cone doesn't extend beyond S. Florida. It'll sweep into the Gulf, the only question is at exactly what latitude. Good hunting.
Agreed - the Bermuda high that is heating us up now will force it south. Hard to imagine it will negatively effect you but ...

Banshee36
08-02-2006, 04:14 PM
It's not the WMO unless you get your A$$ handed to at least one day!!!!
Cya out there , I'll be on 1 and whaterver the tourny channel is.
JW
Banshee

Capten
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
It's not the WMO unless you get your A$$ handed to at least one day!!!!
Cya out there , I'll be on 1 and whaterver the tourny channel is.
JW
Banshee
JW - I couldn't agree with you more. Seems like taking a beating is included with the registration fee. Should be an interesting week as always.

Where will you be based? We are at Sunset.

Banshee36
08-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Paul,
I am over at Fishermans, directly across from the Marlin Club. Stop by for a cold one.
JW

Capten
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
JW,

I practically grew up over at Fisherman's. Spent about 10 years there with various boats (including a 32 Hatt) when Pat Marshall owned the marina.

Likewise on the cold one. We've got 2 kegs set up in the bait freezer. Stop by anytime slip B-4.