PDA

View Full Version : We finally got our 48 MY

bobk
06-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Greetings everyone. We finally closed on the former Lady C in Baltimore this week and are are beginning the process of making her 'ours'. Many thanks to everyone who provided all the valuable advice during our search, especially regarding the engine issues. This forum is sure valuable to a new owner.

The boat will be known as 'Chateau de Mer' as was her predecessor with home port at Baltimore Yacht Club, MD for the summers and Florida the best part of the year. If you are around the Bay, give us a hail.

So now the task begins of updating her to our taste. We saw 4-5 of these during our search and have some ideas, but we sure would appreciate some comments/advice from other 48 owners who have updated their vessels. We'd sure like to see pictures of other 48's that have been updated and would welcome an invitation to come view one if anyone has a boat within a day drive of Baltimore.

We'd also like to have some recommendations on decorators you have used and names of shops that have provided boat-sized salon furniture.

Is the owner of the former 'Empress' on this forum? If so, could you PM me? I'd like to know how the lap-top work station was built into the mid cabin. I'm going to try to do something like that.

Regards to all,
Bob

Capt K
06-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Congratulations and enjoy!!

Capt K

Walter P
06-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Congratulations Bob.... We hope to be coming by with our 48 ('82 MY) late this summer. Perhaps we can get together then.. Walt

chris
06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Good for you.
I am in my first year with my new to me 83 48MY, located in Hammond, IN. I couldn't be happier. I had the 6 92's rebuilt over the winter. So far I have put just over 40 hours on it. Runs perfect. It has Niads, which are really a nice addition. Very comfortable in 3 to 4's. This is my 3rd boat since I have been in Hammond. My first two didn't get a second look. This 48my is the envy of the dock. No one can believe it is an 83. The styling is timeless.
Chris

farauscher
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Bob, you wouldn't happen to have a son named Rick, would you?

SKYCHENEY
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Just bought salon furniture from Glen Eagle. Beautiful custom stuff at reasonable prices. We got the storage option in the sofa and I just filled it with 25 pfds. Great to have the extra storage.

bobk
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Bob, you wouldn't happen to have a son named Rick, would you?

Yes I do/ Do you know him?

Bob

farauscher
06-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes, we work for the same company. I'm one of the people in Millville he probably complains about. Last week, he told me that you were setting on a 48MY, so I made the connection w/ your last initial.

Good luck w/ the new boat.

Fred Rauscher