PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Salon Windows on 63 RPH

HattP
01-21-2021, 11:23 AM
Hi all--looking at buying a 2002 63 RPH and one of the few issues is damage to the salon windows shown on the attached pic.

The guy who runs the boat says this happened early on with the front windshields as well and they were replaced by Hatt, but this happened later and they never pursued it.

Do you know if this is something that can be repaired or would I need to get new windows to get rid of the condition?

Hat52MY
01-21-2021, 05:37 PM
It's hard to tell from the pic, if the glass is separated from the frame or if the glass is cracked. Either way, there are a number of places that are able to replace and re-bed the glass. The closer you are to Ft. Lauderdale, the easier it will be to find someone qualified.

examples:
http://www.avmarmarineglass.com
https://oceandynamics.com

SKYCHENEY
01-21-2021, 09:49 PM
It looks like the caulk behind the glass is coming loose or there is delamination of the laminated glass. Either way, it will have to be removed and replaced.

HattP
01-21-2021, 11:05 PM
It's hard to tell from the pic, if the glass is separated from the frame or if the glass is cracked. Either way, there are a number of places that are able to replace and re-bed the glass. The closer you are to Ft. Lauderdale, the easier it will be to find someone qualifiedHa--on the West Coast.

So we're on the same page, I'm talking about what look like black streaks near the vertcal seam. Not sure if you're focusing on the same thing.
It looks like the caulk behind the glass is coming loose or there is delamination of the laminated glass. Either way, it will have to be removed and replaced.
So the glass is laminated? Do you think what I'm seeing is a result of something going on between two slabs of glass?

Thanks to both of you.

SKYCHENEY
01-22-2021, 01:48 PM
Ha--on the West Coast.

So we're on the same page, I'm talking about what look like black streaks near the vertcal seam. Not sure if you're focusing on the same thing.
So the glass is laminated? Do you think what I'm seeing is a result of something going on between two slabs of glass?

Thanks to both of you.

Yes, its laminated glass. So what you are seeing is either going on behind the glass (caulk coming loose) or between the layers of glass (delamination).