PDA

View Full Version : Groco Head

eze2bme
06-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I have a 1979 43DC with the original Groco heads. While commissioning this Spring I noticed that the forward head pumps waste water out but no "flush" water is coming into the bowl. Any thoughts? The thru-hull is open. Thanks.

jim rosenthal
06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Possibles...hose is clogged, hose is collapsed, through hull 'looks' open but isn't, pump isn't working. Call Groco, they are extremely helpful per my recent post about my FW system pump, they could not have been nicer. Their stuff is meant to be rebuilt, so worst case you will have to rebuild the head.

FreestyleBruce
06-16-2004, 11:23 AM
I had the same problem twice last year. I rebuilt it the first time then replaced it. The forward head location supposedly is at the outer limits of how high the Groco can pump raw water. That was the reason given as to why the rebuild did not do the job but the replacement did.

It sounded fishy to me but the guy ate the cost of the rebuild and charged a fair price for the new one so that is what I got. Not it works great.

The only problem I have is that if the tank gets a little full the forward head will pumo right across the tank into the aft head. Has anyone experimented with having each head dump into the tank separately rather than through a T valve?