PDA

View Full Version : Whale IC pumps

wpc691
05-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Has anybody installed a Whale Gulper IC or Grey IC shower waste system, and if so, are you happy with it? I only have 2 gray water inputs in each of the 2 shower bilges, so the Whale manifold system (2 inputs) looks like maybe a better choice than a shower sump box, which is much less flexible from an installation standpoint. Thanks.

Cricket
05-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Have the Whale pump that attached to a sump, haven't had any trouble in maybe 5 years since new.
Have had a ton of issues with Whale's Supersub auto pumps in one of our little boats.

wpc691
05-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Have the Whale pump that attached to a sump, haven't had any trouble in maybe 5 years since new.Have had a ton of issues with Whale's Supersub auto pumps in one of our little boats.Thanks - pump issues or sensor issues? I think the Whale Gulpers have a pretty good record; the sensor, I’m not so sure. No idea if it would be the same sensor in the 2 systems.

jrbrein
05-08-2018, 05:33 PM
I have the Whale gulper pump directly plumbed to my shower drain which means I manually turn it on when taking a shower and turn it off at the end. You can easily hear it and I prefer this over dealing with shower sumps (petri dishes).

I had the same set up on my last boat that we lived aboard for 4 years with our 2 young daughters. The pumps are great, never had a problem.

I can not speak to Whale's shower sump with it's built in sensor...sorry.

Jon

wpc691
05-08-2018, 09:27 PM
I have the Whale gulper pump directly plumbed to my shower drain which means I manually turn it on when taking a shower and turn it off at the end. You can easily hear it and I prefer this over dealing with shower sumps (petri dishes). I had the same set up on my last boat that we lived aboard for 4 years with our 2 young daughters. The pumps are great, never had a problem.I can not speak to Whale's shower sump with it's built in sensor...sorry.JonThanks, Jon, I recall you writing about that before. If it was just the shower, I would definitely use your system, but I need to catch the discharge from the Y berth condensate pan as well. With the air on, that tube would back up quickly without an auto switch.

34Hatt
05-09-2018, 09:03 PM
I have the Whale gulper pump directly plumbed to my shower drain which means I manually turn it on when taking a shower and turn it off at the end. You can easily hear it and I prefer this over dealing with shower sumps (petri dishes).

I had the same set up on my last boat that we lived aboard for 4 years with our 2 young daughters. The pumps are great, never had a problem.

I can not speak to Whale's shower sump with it's built in sensor...sorry.

Jon

Same setup on my shower also for 15 years now, gulper is great simple switch works fine.

wpc691
05-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Elevation constraints in the master cabin shower sump make plumbing the Whale manifold in there very difficult. So, I’ve decided to use the pump with an on/off switch there, and make my own manifold out of PVC (the aft deck sink drain is plumbed to that sump for some inexplicable reason). No vertical constraints in the forward sump, so I’ll use the Wale manifold with auto switch there. Thanks for your responses.