PDA

View Full Version : Wilcox Seabrace Stabilizers

Dave Phipps
08-15-2003, 11:34 AM
I continue to troubleshoot a problem with my starboard stabilizer..a fin shake. Originally I traced the problem to the electrical box (amplifier) and then pulled the box and had it repaired. (bad diode) However, after reinstalling the box I have the same problem but with less violent shaking. All of the terminal voltages on both the 5 and 6 strip terminals of the amplifier are correct, and I'm beginning to suspect the followup potentiometer. Everything is fine until there is an input to command the fin to move, and then after its initial move it shakes. Chain tension was correct. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does anyone know where I might get another potentiometer? Help!!!

thanks,

Dave

double eagle
08-16-2003, 06:57 PM
you can call DAN BETKER....954-587-5636.......
he wwas the main shop person and installer for many yrs
he works for allied betram in lauderdale...so call him at night
hope that helps
bill
double eagle

Dave Phipps
08-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks Bill, I have contacted Dan.

seabrace stabilizers
10-10-2003, 04:07 PM
860-946-9208 trade mark seabrace reg.

Danny Betker
01-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Danny is changing his phone # it is and will be 954-494-9503, or 954-292-1597. If you have Seabrace Stabilizers and are having trouble, give him a call and he will help you in any way he can.

eflicki
02-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Does this company hace a web site?

Enrique Flicki
02-21-2004, 07:54 PM
I am trying to find out if Wilcox Seabrace stabilizers has a web site. The boat I am looking now for a possible buy has these installed and seems that are not in order. I seem to have not been able to find the manufacturers site.
Thank you

tomrealest
02-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Forget about the company. I have a friend on the Chesapeake who spent a lot of money with the new owners of the company that wasn't necessary.

Call Dan Betker. He was the answer to my problems. They are a good system and Dan knows how to fix them.

Enrique Flicki
03-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Dos any one really know the story about the Wilcox Seabrace?????? ......I found their phone in the web (Seabrace Stabilizers/Barrett Marine, Inc. Fort Lauderdale FL 954-467-2222) and called and they said they are still in business. Is the actual one a new management???? What is the story ???
Thank you

nwhiteley
06-29-2004, 07:19 PM
The company was passed down to a few former employees. I have found the new owners to be conscientious, courtous and extremely helpful and knowledgable. I found their prices to be fair and their new product line to be state of the art. Not to mention the extended warranty. Please give them a call, as they are the only ones licensed to install and maintain Seabrace Stabilizers.

860-946-9208 Ask for Steven

smart one
06-30-2004, 12:22 AM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
dont be fooled by the last post........
the last guy running the seabrace co was a con -artist
changed his name dependoing on who he was talking to ..
BEWARE- BEWARE
IF YOU CANT MEET HIM AND SEE HIS FACILITY...PASS ON HIM...
CALL DAN BETKER
smart one......been there

tomrealest
06-30-2004, 07:47 PM
I will vouch for Dan Betker. I had one fin that did not work at all and one that did when I got my boat to Ft Lauderdale last October. Dan fixed the one that did not work and refurbished the other one. His prices are more than fair and the work was done professionally.

Tom Earnest

ddb369
12-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi all,
This is Danny Betker, as some of you may or may not know I lost my place in Davie due to Wilma, so I took that as a sign that it was time to move out of South Fla. After being in south Fla for 39 yrs, I said to myself no more of these storms for me. I have moved to St. Augustine because my brother lives here and the storms are less likely to hit here. My new # is 904-829-8491, I still have the same cell #954-494-9503, so if your passing through St Augustine and need serive on you Seabrace, give me a call and I'll see what I can do to get you fixed up.

Danny Betker

Mark Giovanniello
09-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Sea Brace used Allen Bradley SLC-500 and Micrologix model programmable controllers in later models. For PLC programming and repair service coupled with Hatteras owners experience, visit either www.vintagehatteras.com or Giovanniello, Integrator's website at www.giovanniello.com Captain Mark