PDA

View Full Version : WTB Marquipt 1500 davit cylinder

tonytrakovich
07-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I am looking to buy a Tenderlift 1500 davit cylinder. Mine leaks and the cylinder shop can't seem to get it apart. I am checking, but Marquipt has a long lead time and $$$. Any ideas? Are there repair shops that may have some used laying around. I am in S. Florida. I dropped it off to C-Systems in Pompano. Good guys that do repairs, but cannot get cylinder apart. If I remember right there was a guy with a small shop in S FL that did davit repair. I can't remember his name but he rebuilt davit once before. Does Sams carry cylinders?

Boatsb
07-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Find a hydraulic shop that works on heavy machinery. They can probably get it rebuilt in a few hours.

bobk
07-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Find a hydraulic shop that works on heavy machinery. They can probably get it rebuilt in a few hours.

If you do not find one closer to you, check with Turner Industrial in Ft Pierce. They told me once that they make up more hydraulic lines than any one else in Florida. http://turind.com/

Bobk

tonytrakovich
07-27-2016, 01:30 PM
I ended up finding a shop in Ft. Lauderdale called Centrifugal Rebabbitting. Great shop. John knew his stuff and got cylinder rebuilt with a new stainless rod and new gland. It is tested and works like new. Other shops could not get cylinder apart. I am attaching contact info. Great to have in your e-roll-a-dex. Half the cost of new and 5 day turn around.

CENTRIFUGAL REBABBITTING, INC.

234 SW 29th Street

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33315

954-522-3003

954-467-6153 fax

General inquiries please email - info@centrifugalinc.com

For all ship repair inquiries please email - shiprepair@centrifugalinc.com