PDA

View Full Version : Surveyor for Rhode Island Area

Trooper
12-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but have been following along as a "wanna-be" for some time. Looks like I might get that Christmas wish after all!

I am in need of recommendations for hull and engine surveyors in the R.I. area. Anyone with a history or experiences they'd like to share? I am hoping to find my own guys rather than take the recommendations of the selling broker.

There is still much ground to cover between survey and signed, sealed, delivered. I'll hope to update with photos of my new boat after the first of the year.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations you may have re: surveyors in R.I.

spindrift
12-29-2015, 01:45 AM
I would recommend that you call Bob Dahl who is based in East Greenwich. He can do the engine survey. I would start here first.

He rents a shop from the East Greenwich Yacht Club (they own some warehouse space). I don't have Bob's number but you can call the club at 401-884-7700. Bob is in his 70s and had been working on Detroit and GM diesels for years. Once you are done with the engine survey have Bob intro you with a hull surveyor. I would recommend
Fredk C. Bieberbach, Jr., AMS
401-301-1733 for the Hull survey. Fred used to be a Project manager at Little Harbor. Very knowledgable .

Good Luck
Spin

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but have been following along as a "wanna-be" for some time. Looks like I might get that Christmas wish after all!

I am in need of recommendations for hull and engine surveyors in the R.I. area. Anyone with a history or experiences they'd like to share? I am hoping to find my own guys rather than take the recommendations of the selling broker.

There is still much ground to cover between survey and signed, sealed, delivered. I'll hope to update with photos of my new boat after the first of the year.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations you may have re: surveyors in R.I.

Hatteras58
12-30-2015, 12:08 PM
We used this guy (Capt. Jeffrey Stone) when we had our boat surveyed in Mystic, CT. Very happy with his work.

http://www.azimuthmarinesurvey.com/

Southern Comfort
1977 Hatteras 58YF
Portsmouth, VA