PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Hatteras 37C System Monitor

brico
07-26-2015, 11:30 PM
On my System monitor I have four alarm indicator lights, two of which are combining each engine Temperature and oil pressure alarms and I have two more, one is "Engine Room Fire" and "AC Power Off" I do not think I have Engine Room fire monitoring functional on my boat and I have no idea what does the "AC Power off" alarm means and how it gets activated. Is it "Air Condition Power Off" or it is "Alternative Current Power Off". I do not have Air Condition on my boat.

I have to admit i did not look at the drawings and am not the best with them.

Second questions is, why does the flybridge System Monitor have three 1 Amp fuses, while the one on the main console inside the boat does not have fuses, only four identical lights, buzzer and a spring loaded test switch.

StratPlan61
07-27-2015, 09:00 AM
My 'AC Pwr Off' alarm is activated when the dockside power is stopped, when I am plugged into shore power. Or when operating the generator and it stops, this same alarm is activated. It alerts you to the fact you have lost incoming AC power to your electrical distribution panel.

bobk
07-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Mine is similar. If the generator is on while cruising and it stops unintentionally, the alarm will sound.

Bobk

brico
07-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys,

I do not run my genny when I am underway and while plugged ashore I have the light indication inside the cabin. In fact this one is not working as I've never heard it buzzing when I switch off the shore power.

Since i do not have the silence button on my System Monitor, that would mean that in order to silence AC Power Alarm I would have to be plugged ashore or run the generator at all times. That does not make sense but I guess that was the way back then in '80s when people could not move away from the power grid any longer than 2 minutes.

I am thinking to separate the Engine Oil & Temperature alarms for each engine instead of having two alarms that I do not use or need.

drburke
07-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Personally, I think "Air Conditioner Power Off" might be an emergency on par with an engine room fire, but that's just my take.

I would require equivalent haste to correct, for sure.

DAN

Beckytek
07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Look at your power panel with all the breakers on it to see if there is a "power monitor" switch. It should be next to the warning light. If you have one you can turn it off. Mine sounds an audible alarm along with a red light for power loss on my bridge.