PDA

View Full Version : Galley Appliances

Otto Marx
04-27-2004, 06:15 PM
I have a 1982 61" Hatteras cockpit motor yacht and was wondering if anyone has any info on replacing the appliances in the galley-Stove/Oven/dishwasher? There is a size factor getting the new ones in. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank

aah924
07-26-2004, 12:01 AM
I have a few original appliances in my '72, 36' if you are interested. Email: hallra4@comcast.net

Allen

ttom02
07-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Just did this on a 58 MY. It depends a great deal on what you plan on installing. We replaced the old upper oven with the new AVANTIUM oven. My wife thinks that is the best thing since sliced bread. Went with a smooth surface cook top and the dishwasher below that. Had to cut a hole in the generator room and drop the dishwasher down (recessed) into the floor about 1 1/2 inches. The refrigerator is the real problem. We had to remove the electrical panel at the stairway and push out the shorepower box in order to get the side by side in there. Sounds complicated, but it really comes loose and replaces much easier than I expected. Might as well go ahead and replace washer dryer while you have it all torn out.
Good luck
Tom

Elixirtoo
07-27-2004, 02:21 AM
When I bought my 1982 56My (same basic boat as yours) It had just had a new galley installed, and they had cut an access in the cabin top and dropped every thing in that way. The headliner was replaced and new exterior paint on the cabin top after the hole was patched. The one thing they forgot to replace was the washer dryer. I had to destroy the old fridgidaire to get it out. Most new units are too large to fit down the companionway (24" wide is max.) I found individual units (front loaders) made by Haier and sold by walmart that fit down the stair wells and then assemble as a stack once on the lower level. I had to raise the cabinet above a couple of inches and cut a second door in the original panet to access the washer. They work great. Hope this helps
David