PDA

View Full Version : Dockside water, but no hot water

1jparker
05-18-2014, 09:03 AM
We needed to hook up to dockside water for a few days. Getting great pressure and supply, but no hot water. Is there a trick to getting the dockside supply to the hot water heater? 1979 58' MY

rsmith
05-18-2014, 10:10 AM
No pressure or no heat?
Seems that people who seldom use the dockside water system have problems with stuck check valves. Use it or lose it!

MikeP
05-18-2014, 10:26 AM
So…are you getting water out of a faucet when you turn on a hot water tap or no water at all?

IF you are getting cold water from the HW tap, is it possible that someone turned the valves that allow the HW heater to be bypassed? Or is the HW circuit breaker in the off position OR could the heating element have failed? The valves on the HW heater hookup (if oem) can also be turned so as to allow NO water at all on the HW side. So... you can route water through the heater (normal), you can bypass the heater which just sends the cold water on to the hot water taps, or you can shut all valves and have no water at all going to any HW taps.

Once shore water gets past the regulator, the system functions exactly the same (ASSUMING no improper mods to the oem system) as when using pump water though pressure will not vary as much.

The check valves in the oem HW system operate the same way whether on shore or pump water as far as supplying water to/through the HW heater. If they work on pump water, they will work on shore water.

Dreamboat
06-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I have a similar problem. I've got cold water to the cold side of the taps, both, when hooked to shore water or operating from the storage tank, but have no flow of water to the hot side of the taps. I can't find any valves on the down stream side of the HW tank, which is filling up ok. What am I missing?