PDA

View Full Version : Broke a Hynautic steering head spring

cruisintoo
12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
There is a small spring that pushes against each of the metal balls in head. While screwing the cover back in I managed to ruin the spring. They look like the springs found in retractable ball point pens. I assume the strength of the spring is important in the operation of the balland seat. Any ideas on where to get a new one?

Boatsb
12-24-2013, 11:14 AM
There is a small spring that pushes against each of the metal balls in head. While screwing the cover back in I managed to ruin the spring. They look like the springs found in retractable ball point pens. I assume the strength of the spring is important in the operation of the balland seat. Any ideas on where to get a new one?

Probably a part available through sams.

Robby
12-24-2013, 02:15 PM
There is a small spring that pushes against each of the metal balls in head. While screwing the cover back in I managed to ruin the spring. They look like the springs found in retractable ball point pens. I assume the strength of the spring is important in the operation of the balland seat. Any ideas on where to get a new one?We have a slow leaking upper helm.I just got the kit from Steve yesterday o Rings The center with the spring and the kit With shipping was $50.Item S30630A