PDA

View Full Version : 8v92 Filters and

TommyB
11-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning,
Hope you don't mind another noobie question(s)
I have the 8v92's and was going to change the oils etc.
Question I have, what is the part number for that 2ndary fuel filter that is in the canister.

Found the part number for;
Detroit Diesel oil filter 23530408 - napa says it's 1671
but no idea on the canister fuel cartridge

Also, any ideas as to what filters go on a kubota Gen.
The currently installed filters have been painted, so no numbers on them.
This is the gen

Kubota does not even have this model listed on their site that I can find

V2203-M-BG-ET02e
I can find the 2203, but not those other numbers.letters

Napa says fuel = 3390
Oil 1068. But it's longer then the original. Does this make a difference if not the same exact size?
thanks

captainwjm
11-17-2013, 09:03 AM
My spin-on canister fuel filter isDetroit Diesel #23530645

TommyB
11-17-2013, 10:05 AM
My spin-on canister fuel filter isDetroit Diesel #23530645
It's not a spin on type.
remove nut, take out filter element thats in a canister

Genesis
11-17-2013, 10:37 AM
The "last chance" canister fuel filter element SHOULD be AC Part number TPS40X or WIX cross 33540. And yes, the length must be correct as otherwise it will not seal in the canister. It will come with two seals (one for the nut that holds the canister on and the second for the filter head surface) which should be replaced when the element is changed. The canister is under ~60-75psi of pressure while the engine is running as that filter is on the pressure side of the fuel pump.

saltshaker
11-17-2013, 11:01 AM
It's not a spin on type.
remove nut, take out filter element thats in a canister
Are you talking about the filter that is on the engine or the filters that are mounted remotely before the engines? That vintage engine should have spin on filters and either Racor or Dahl filters. Can you post a pic of what your talking about? As for the generator which filter is longer? If its the oil filter then it may be fine as long as it fits in the enclosure. Ask them if there is a low profile version of the same filter.

saltshaker
11-17-2013, 11:08 AM
The "last chance" canister fuel filter element SHOULD be AC Part number TPS40X or WIX cross 33540. And yes, the length must be correct as otherwise it will not seal in the canister. It will come with two seals (one for the nut that holds the canister on and the second for the filter head surface) which should be replaced when the element is changed. The canister is under ~60-75psi of pressure while the engine is running as that filter is on the pressure side of the fuel pump.
I believe the filter that was longer was for the generator not the mains. Did Detroit still use those canister filters in '91?

Genesis
11-17-2013, 12:16 PM
He said it was a canister filter on the engine. If it is this is odds-on to be the correct element for it.

TommyB
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
The Longer filter they gave me was on the Gen.
Napa says fuel = 3390

Oil filter Napa Part number 1068. But it's longer then the original. Does this make a difference if not the same exact size? The gen must have had a low profile on it. There is no enclosure so I guess length does not matter?

The Gen
Brand new, has like 30 hrs on it now. But was all painted by factory I guess.
Can not read any of the filter numbers, nor does manual even list the part numbers

This is the canister that is after my racors I need to change for the fuel

I have Dual racors that I just put on for the Detriots. But no idea what that canister filter part number is
It is not a spin on type
thanks

PS
not sure but is it this one?
http://www.dieselpro.com/dp-tp624secondaryfuelfilterfordetroitdieselengine.asp x

Genesis
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
That canister looks exactly identical to what was on my boat and the cartridge cross-reference I gave you above should fit it.

Diesel
11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
That canister looks exactly identical to what was on my boat and the cartridge cross-reference I gave you above should fit it.

If that is the case, here is a pic of mine from a 6v92....

TommyB
11-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks. I'll give those a shot. Now just need to find someone that has them / sells them

Genesis
11-18-2013, 07:11 AM
That WIX cross-reference should be available at NAPA.