PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Bracket

atclj
08-18-2004, 01:55 PM
I haved 2 4-53n's in my 34DC. They both have AC Delco Alternators. Stbd engine has a bracket that fits it perfectly, but the port engine has a bracket for about a foot long alternator or generator and my alternator is jury rigged with a turnbuckle to the stringer. It works for now but I know it will fail eventually; the belts are terribly misaligned.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a bracket that will fit the alternator. I thought about posting on the LRC website because a lot of those have the same engines, but you have to be a member to post there.

Thanks, Larry

Jackman
08-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Maybe you could look at what should be there and get one welded...that's what I'd do. They're probably not that complicated to fabricate.

captbuddy
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Check with the Detroit Diesel place in Savannah, Ga. I think it is called Williams Diesel. Just go to the home page of Detroit Diesel and look for dealer lacations. I've bought several gaskets for my 453N. Ive been told by the Albany, Ga. dealer that the Savannah dealer handles a lot of marine parts. Hop this helps.
Captbuddy
"Beach Nut"
42 LRC