PDA

View Full Version : Surveyor Recommendation for Wilmington, NC

Tawney1
06-11-2010, 06:32 PM
We are in the process of renewing our insurance and need to obtain a new survey on our 1985 61'. Roma D. Wade, MMS, in Beaufort, North Carolina has been recommended to me by several folks in Wilmington. Is anyone familiar with this surveyor, know him, or know anything about him? If so, I would appreciate your observations or comments and whether you would also recommend him. Also, I would appreciate any other recommendations you may have.

Thanks,

Paul

steve940
06-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey Paul,

As you may have heard, Bruce Morrison, a true Hatteras expert with more than 34-years of Hatteras experience, has retired from Hatteras and is available privately to Hatteras owners for consultation and service work. His last two positions at Hatteras were as the senior mechanical and structural customer service manager and as a quality assurance inspector.

He has helped me and other Hatt owners and is invaluable because of his depth of experience and knowledge in our boats. In fact, as it turned out, he did the the original inspection and final sea trial of my boat at the factory in 1981, and may have performed yours as well!

He is reachable at Bruce Morrison Marine Services: 252-670-8053 or at bmorrison641@gmail.com

Good luck!

Steve
1981 56MY

Tawney1
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Steve,

Many thanks for this information! It is much appreciated. There are a number of things on the boat I'd love to talk with him about and also have him take a look at, etc. I definitely will be calling him.

Paul

steve940
06-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Paul,

You are most welcome.

So often we pay for a non-Hatteras-savvy person to learn on our dollar, rather than getting the benefit of a truly knowledgeable expert to advise us. It's a pleasure to pass on a good resource...

I wish I had had him as a resource earlier in my ownership of my boat. It would have saved me alot of money that could have been used for other things...It's good to start out with the right people...

He's a pleasure to work with. I'm sure you'll be pleased...

Steve