PDA

View Full Version : RTafford Project

34Hatt
09-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey Rob enjoyed your pictures I am on the tail end of finishing a 34' did a lot of work, not as much as yours though. Enjoyed looking at the pictures here is a link to my project www.angelfire.com/ny5/eot...page1.html (http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/eotl/boatpages/EOTLpage1.html)
And here is another link to a 45' that was also done I the Island that was a total redo also.
www.racedaymarine.com/pics.htm (http://www.racedaymarine.com/pics.htm)
Dan

rtrafford
09-21-2004, 10:35 PM
thanks!
headed back down tomorrow to spend some time, and i expect to find the thruster tube finished, the hull ready for a second primer coat (following a new coat of gelcoat and a ton of faring), and the cockpit deck ready for the ice box install and new stringers and hatch drains.

we cut out the coring in a 20 inch square at the fighting chair mounts (making 3), filling them with solid glass which will then be tied to the new stringers to properly support the chairs forever and a day. i've got to start rebuilding the steering platform with new marine ply and lots of glass. using 3/4 inch and will double up above the rudders for a full 1 3/4 inch with glass. hope to have this deck back in the boat by mid october.

lots of hard work ahead, but the hull should be complete cap to keel within 2 weeks...?...

jim rosenthal
09-22-2004, 01:58 AM
...which engines got the nod???

rtrafford
09-23-2004, 01:31 AM
no decisions yet on the diesels. interesting, though....i spoke with mastery about the yanmars. a local dealer here in ft lauderdale is preparing to install a set of the v8's in a 52! going to look very close and ask plenty of questions.

the 3412's have very solid arguments on both sides of the fence. shy about the mere size and weight!

c18's are an interesting thought. boat show is only a few weeks away. i may simply wait and shop. in the meantime, trying to get all of the various cap-down projects wrapped and move onto the house.