PDA

View Full Version : Aft deck seats

lldks
10-13-2009, 05:25 PM
We are considering re-doing the original deck "couches" from our '72 53my. They are the ones that stretch along the back of the deck and have a center part that removes for access to the ladder. Have any of you redone or kept these (with new cushions) and are they confortable? They sure add a lot of seating.

stormchaser
10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Built in couches? Really? I've never seen a 53MY with those. All I have seen have no built in furniture. I just have nice indoor/outdoor wicker furniture (2 love seats, plus 2 chair).

smoothmove
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Take a peek at Chris H's (usename chris) 48 in the owners pictures section. He has the original built-ins - they are a sight to behold and he has them well documented in photos.
Eric

SKYCHENEY
10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Many of the brochures in the archive section show the original aft deck seating as well.

lldks
10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Chris' are beautiful but the ones that I am talking about are not actually built in but fit pretty close to the back. They go across the rear but not onto the sides like Chris' does. I do think they are the ones that I see in the brochure pics on this website. Just wondering if it's worth rebuilding them then new cushions etc. Not too much is needed.