Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Re: Batteries

Buying a top quality battery selected for the proper application is the best advice I've seen here. After that I think you will find the batteries that last the longest are the ones owned by diligent owners, who do the regular maintenance when needed.

Call Roy at Rae Battery. He will get you set up with new Rolls at the best price. Everyone that I have referred to him has been very satisfied.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Also try DC Battery and/or Battery Sales in North Miami, a few of us have received great pricing and service from those two.

http://www.dcbattery.com/
    While they say they want lots of detail, I have found them good at offering various alternatives for particular uses. Got my 8 volt Rolls from these guys and they also made up some cables for me.

http://www.batterysales.com/
    Bought my L16 inverter batteries from them, nice folks.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Well I broke down and ordered the Deka 819's. (3 week lead time). The guy that owms Battery Service Inc, also turns out to be a Hatteras owner! so he sold me on them. Reggie? spoke highly of the 195's, but said in the end, I'd be happier spending a little more and getting the 819's..so he's a good "upseller"...now.. Who will help me carry these big mama jama's down the steps, and get the old batteries out??... somebody, anybody, Bhuller, Bhuller!!

Best $20 ever spent on a dock hand to haul them out and in...
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Agreed. Take it from me. I broke my hip doing just that about three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatnut View Post
    Buying a top quality battery selected for the proper application is the best advice I've seen here. After that I think you will find the batteries that last the longest are the ones owned by diligent owners, who do the regular maintenance when needed.
    And that have a charger that stops charging when they're fully charged!
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Well I broke down and ordered the Deka 819's. (3 week lead time). The guy that owms Battery Service Inc, also turns out to be a Hatteras owner! so he sold me on them. Reggie? spoke highly of the 195's, but said in the end, I'd be happier spending a little more and getting the 819's..so he's a good "upseller"...now.. Who will help me carry these big mama jama's down the steps, and get the old batteries out??... somebody, anybody, Bhuller, Bhuller!!
    When I changed mine out (a couple years ago) I paid a Mexican 150 bucks I think it was. He showed up with 2 or 3 of his buddies. About half a ton worth of muscle.

He's a good guy. Goes to church on Sunday mornings but'll work any time other than that. If you want his number let me know. He's not afraid of work and is always lookin' for it.

Hey David...I was a counting on you and Mr Claudie! Don't let me down...

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Hey David...I was a counting on you and Mr Claudie! Don't let me down...
    You need to re-think that strategy