Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel Additives

Re: Fuel Additives

Quote Originally Posted by GJH View Post
    I used what Detroit specifically recommends : nothing. If the boat is going to be stored and not used for a long time, they say use some Biobor

Read their fuel specifications and you will note they are looking for as LOW a sulfur content as possible.
    Not true.

5hey called for lower than 500 ppm. Today's low sulpbur fuel is coomed tonremove sulphur and in the process lowers lubrucity. Detroit ztates if lubricitybdrops it can be replaced with additive. They call for under 500 um scarring or add lubricity.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    What do you mean Quality is low I have read on this forum that diesel last forever
    Just filter it good and run the shit out of them
    You'll read a lot of things on this forum. Like the post that followed yours. While that was true in 1980 it's not true today. But that's okay. It's good for business.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Not true.

5hey called for lower than 500 ppm. Today's low sulpbur fuel is coomed tonremove sulphur and in the process lowers lubrucity. Detroit ztates if lubricitybdrops it can be replaced with additive. They call for under 500 um scarring or add lubricity.
    I'll dig up the spec when I get back to a computer. I'm pretty sure you are wrong as I read it many times and good DD guys confirm it . Besides all modern diesel fuels have lubricity in the blend.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Not true.

Scott, did somebody switch the letters on your keyboard? Thought April Fool's was long past

miss spell czek on my fone
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

miss spell czek on my fone
    Thats the funniest thing you have ever said ! At least on this site.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    You'll read a lot of things on this forum. Like the post that followed yours. While that was true in 1980 it's not true today. But that's okay. It's good for business.
    Its not like it was and things change
    Fuel is different today then years ago I wish someone told me to read what I wrote years ago.
    But then again when I first posted that E10 was eating the fiberglass tanks I was asked for the tests results. Many challenged that info but decided to leave the forum be fore they said hey you were right.
    This reminds me of some that think slug in the bottom of a diesel tank is to be expected which reminds me I need to change my filters they are 3 years old so I feel guilty that Racor is not getting the proper funding from me
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

8. Re: Fuel Additives

When I first posted that E10 was eating the fiberglass tanks I was asked for the tests results.
    Here's another copy of the test results in case you ever need them again ;-)

P7050041.jpg
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

'70 38C 8V53s
    Ditto on ALL that. BioBor only AND none of that other crap!

Fuel is different today then years ago I wish someone told me to read what I wrote years ago.
    Weren't you a distributor of some magical elixir? Ajax or something.