Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Looking for Halon helm panel light

May I disrespectfully suggest you pull your head out your rectum and pay attention.

Diesel engines will run if not shut down during a properly sized release of halon.

The halon will extinguish the fire in the compartment.

The diesel engine can be restarted almost immediately after the extinguishing of the fire. Hopefully it's not the cause of it or a source of reignition.

According to Fireboy xintex a diesel engine can be restarted immediately after a discharge event. The discharge lasts about 10 seconds. All you need to do is hit the bypass switch and turn the key.

People come here with questions they want answers to. Some want a specific answer and will keep asking the question until someone gives it to them. Usually it's a wrong answer.

Many times people are given bad advice and it could be a safety issue. In this instance someone keeps arguing against the facts to be contrary. It's good to know many people like that do their own work thereby making them good candidates for the Darwin awards.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is a discussion of installed HALON fire suppression. Read the first few posts again.

Pete
    I beg to differ. This WAS a question, asked by me of where I might find a newer, better looking $20 helm panel for my Halon system. I should have known better than to post anything so incendiary (pun intended) on this free-for-all formerly known as the Hatteras Owner's Forum. I can assure you all that I have learned my lesson. I'll not repeat this mistake again. Ever. You all have a good evening.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 10-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    May I disrespectfully suggest you pull your head out your rectum and pay attention.

Diesel engines will run if not shut down during a properly sized release of halon.

The halon will extinguish the fire in the compartment.

The diesel engine can be restarted almost immediately after the extinguishing of the fire. Hopefully it's not the cause of it or a source of reignition.

According to Fireboy xintex a diesel engine can be restarted immediately after a discharge event. The discharge lasts about 10 seconds. All you need to do is hit the bypass switch and turn the key.

People come here with questions they want answers to. Some want a specific answer and will keep asking the question until someone gives it to them. Usually it's a wrong answer.

Many times people are given bad advice and it could be a safety issue. In this instance someone keeps arguing against the facts to be contrary. It's good to know many people like that do their own work thereby making them good candidates for the Darwin awards.
    Scott, if there was any doubt you had declined to juvenile status, a foul mouth (keyboard) juvenile at that, all doubt is gone. I am sure you have heard the thought that comes to my mind to summarize your approach, "If the facts are on your side, give them facts, if the facts are not on your side, dazzle them with BS".

Pete

Did we confuse you with the facts?

I called my contact at fireboy when I figured out you couldn't and he confirmed the engines will restart once the bypass is engaged and will clear the halon out without a noticeable effect.

So now that the facts support it im waiting.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I beg to differ. This WAS a question, asked by me of where I might find a newer, better looking $20 helm panel for my Halon system. I should have known better than to post anything so incendiary (pun intended) on this free-for-all formerly known as the Hatteras Owner's Forum. I can assure you all that I have learned my lesson. I'll not repeat this mistake again. Ever. You all have a good evening.
    Eric, my apology for many posts that did not address the subject of your thread. In the middle of all the banter, I did post #28 which did address an alternative you might consider, that in my opinion would also be a simple to implement improvement.

My reference to this being a Halon discussion was based on the system you have installed, as do I, and my attempt to discontinue posts on HF227ea, which is the more recent replacement for Halon. These are completely different products.

I agree you did not come here for anything other than a new sticker.

Pete

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Can Halon be piped through a manifold?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

The latest type has 2 versions. A liquid to squirt and a gas. The idea is to flood the compartment in a short time as in seconds to extinguish the fire. A manifold should not delay the deployment too long.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Can Halon be piped through a manifold?

Only if there was such a thing.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Define manifold.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.