Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1970 53' convertible project

This is your chance to own a classic 53' Convertible with most of the expensive things done. This boat has Slane vents, Slane console with Palm Beach pod, Slane bait and tackle center and Slane cockpit fish boxs. Upgrades include dripless stuffing boxs, rebuilt rudder boxs, new non sliding side windows, new entry door and rebuilt bulkhead. Hull has all the portlights filled along with filled windshield. The tower is one year old with hardtops and would cost almost $40,000 just to replace. Engines are 1271 n's and a 20kw Gen. For someone wanting one of these classics you wont get in cheaper then this. The boat is in Wilmington N.C. and can be finished by the capable yard it is in or owner finished. I have a list of all the work done for interested parties as well as pictures. Price is $99,495 OBO.
    email NCboat@aol.com

I would really like to see someone who appreciates the Hatteras yachts take this boat and finish it.
    Last edited by NCBOAT; 06-23-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: add email

Re: 1970 53' convertible project

Can you post pictures?

What needs to be done to complete the project?

Passages, I can not post pictures since I have not posted here enough. Email me and I will send you a link to an album as well as list of things done and a list of what I remember needs to be done. Thank you for your interest and to all of you who have already emailed me. Grant

How about posting the link here so folks can look at the photos without having to send and receive an email each time?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Does anyone know about fuel burn with one of these 53's with 1271 n's ? At 15-16 kts how many gallons per hour is she drinking?
    ________
    MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
    Last edited by post42; 04-05-2011 at 04:44 AM.

I don't know but I bet it falls into the category of "if you have to ask you can't afford it". LOL

The boat has a full length spray rail and cruising at 18-19 knts was burning around 35-40 gph.

I am not allowed to add a link for pictures because I have not had enough posts.
    I have a list of all the things already done and one with the majority of things to finish. Just email me at ncboat@aol.com.

thank you for all the interest. Grant