Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Replacing the refrierator on an 1989 MY

I have to replace my refrigerator & I can't seem to find one the fits in there.
    I need one 67 3/4 H. x 33 1/2 W. x 24 deep. can any one help? I also don't know what if anything is above the cabinet thats above the refrigerator. I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Replacing the refrierator on an 1989 MY

Tom-

Not long ago we posted a bit on a refrig replacement on our 44 that you might look up. The model we found was called "counter depth" and it was by Fisher & Paykel (from Lowe's). The unit was supposed to be 24" deep with doors removed- watch out though- that 24" listed on the internet did not include about a 1" or so protrusion from the back of the unit toward the bottom where the compressor sticks out. Love this new model though (compared to the original brown GE!).

Good luck!
    Cheryl

Re: Replacing the refrierator on an 1989 MY

The issue is usually whether or not you want a side-by-side fridge. If you do, the options are rather limited. If you don't, you have a much wider choice.

The problem you are going to have if you want a S by S is the height. The counter depth S by Ss are nearly all taller than your dimension. Years ago they were not but additional insulation has made them taller.

Look at this thread in the "Frequently Asked Service Questions" http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3725

It details what we did two years ago and may be helpful or at least give you some ideas...