Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Installing Vacu-flush

Hey there. I suspect I know the answer to the following question - but just a quick check before I start work on the installation ....

I am replacing my Raritan Crown head with a Vacuflush in the forward stateroom (I know some of you will disagree with this - but I have my reasons). I am just wondering whether you think it is necessary to install a vented loop in the system?

I suspect the answer is yes, and the place to put it is between the through-hull and the holding tank evacuation pump, but honestly I am wondering if it is really necessary. Given the pump and all the valves (all of which will stop back-flow if functioning correctly), I think there is very little chance of water coming back in - so I am really protecting against a leak around the vicinity of the evacuation pump (possible - but only a bit more possible than a hose leak around the vicinity of the through-hull). Also - I hate to think of the cr*p sitting in the hose between the holding tank evacuation pump and the top of the vented loop.

Regardless, unless everyone tells me there is really no need, I think I will put one in. Better safe than sorry.

Let me know what you think - and whether (and where) you have them on your vacu-flush system.

Thanks!

Murray
    Last edited by first230sl; 06-08-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    --
    Murray G.
    Vancouver, Canada
    1971 58 YF