Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Autopilot Problem -Cetrek

I have a Cetrek 930 AP on a 43C. Don't know age, but the OPs Manul has a 1998 date. Unit has worked flawlessly for the 5 years I have owned boat. Over last month or so, it has become less effective at moving rudder and now no movement at all. Turns own, self tests successfully, compass works, engages pump and runs. But no rudder movement. I checked hydaulic steering fluid reservoir. There are 4 sight glasses on the reservoir in a vertical line. Fluid level is above bottom 2 and below top 2, as it has always been. PSI was 20, so I increased to 30. No change. My next thought is to remove and disassemble AP pump to check impeller. Before I do, any thoughts or suggestions?

I cannot find Cetrek on web. Anybody know if they still exist?

Re: Autopilot Problem -Cetrek

Check to see if the auto pilot pump motor is running. Mine quit some years back. Had to have it rebuilt. It should vibrate slightly while running, but only hum if not turning over. Good luck
    Last edited by (Nobody You Know); 06-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Autopilot Problem -Cetrek

Yes, when AP engaged pump motor runs and reacts to changes in the compass setting of the unit or heading of the boat. Also, reacts to movement of the steering wheel. BTW, manual steering works well from both helms, as always.

This may be a reckless assumption, but I assume these pumps can be rebuilt, if parts are available.