Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

Ok. Now I am out of school for the summer and have time to start these paintings...I apologize for the delay, but school comes first.

Many of you had expressed interest in my last thread.
    samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7701&highlight=paintings

I wanted to see who all still has interest in a painting of their boat.

For those of you that did not see my first thread, my name is Thomas Slane (Jr.), son of Tom Slane of Slane Marine and grandson of the late Willis Slane (founder of Hatteras Yachts). I am beginning to paint portraits of the yachts of Hatteras owners.

I am currently working on a 16"x20" watercolor for a customer. I will post pictures of it when it is completed (either tomorrow or Thursday).

After reviewing prices of many other artists, I have compiled a list of sizes and prices, pricing them slightly lower than what many artist are charging.

For Watercolor Paintings:
    12"x16"...................$550
    16"x20"...................$700
    20"x24"...................$900
    *Other sizes available upon request*

I will also do other medias available upon request.

Some of you also expressed interest in line drawings. Whatever you may want, email me at the following address:
    Thomas.Slane@gmail.com

If you have any general questions, suggestions, or feedback, post them on this thread. Only use my email if you would like to place an order or discuss a custom order.

Thank you for your support.
    Last edited by tslanejr; 05-28-2008 at 11:12 AM.

2. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

Edit

Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

Quote Originally Posted by tslanejr
    I am currently working on a 16"x20" watercolor for a customer. I will post pictures of it when it is completed (either tomorrow or Thursday).
    I don't recall seeing it go up in early June, but may have missed it.

So, was this an image for a HOF member, and if so, would you feel like sharing a scan?

DAN
    Last edited by drburke; 06-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.

4. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

I too have been checking this site to see what the watercolor looked like..
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

5. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

Hello everyone, I am so sorry for the lateness in my reply. I had a PM today that brought to my attention that people were posting in the thread. I thought it was a dead thread and nobody had interest. It turns out the forum was not sending a notification email to my email address when people posted in my threads (which I thought it was set up to do, but evidently wasn't). I'm setting up the scanner now to post pictures of the watercolor painting.

6. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

I need two more posts to post URLS

7. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

One more post so I can post pics...

8. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

9. Re: A painting of your Hatteras (by Thomas Slane)

There is some more work that needs to be done to it, however the boat is currently masked up due to work being done to other boats. The hull vents still need to be added, the name on the transom, more detail to the sky and water, and a few other odds and ends.