Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question Modern Maid Eye-Range oven issues

We have a 1983 53' Hat. In the galley we have a combo unit: dishwasher below, cooktop, and a side-swing door oven at eye level. Our oven thermastat went out, so we'd like to find a similar oven. The item # is FCI-122-2K.
    Any ideas on replacement of parts or finding another oven? It's the original oven so we need all the help we can get! Thanks.

Re: Modern Maid Eye-Range oven issues

Modern Maid is no longer in business, but you can pick up take outs from time to time. Most people are replacing them with a microwave/convection oven over the top of a flat electric cooktop. There is a guy at our marina that just pulled one out this winter. I have no idea whether it went right to the dumpster or if it is still sitting around. I will ask next weekend.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

have you checked via google for Modern Maid appliance parts? There appear to be several souces for these. Most likely far more cost effective to replace the thermostat that replace the whole oven unit.

D

I checked with Bald Eagle and he tossed his MM in the trash this winter. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have one for you.

I plan on taking mine out for a complete galley upgrade next winter. If you can wait that long, I'll pull all parts you need off of it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hey Pat...
    If you are anywhere near Chicago, you are welcome to come over and remove mine. The upper oven is good, the range works (220V) the top is rusty and dishwasher are for parts.
    Its complete but was used in "sub" service. I'll supply the tools! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 06-02-2008 at 08:29 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults