Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1966 41 Convertible

I'm posting this for a friend. This boat is listed on Yachtworld:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...th=41&cit=true

Fuel tanks have been replaced with aluminum, both engines have recon'd cylinder heads. He's had a few offers, but buyers couldn't get financing. Boat looks to be in immaculate condition. Original owner.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Re: 1966 41 Convertible

Be careful here. This boat went to survey and was rejected due to engine issues. Neither the owner or the broker was able to produce documentation of the work on the engine heads. Both the broker and the owner have a copy of the survey. Caveat Emptor(sp?)

She sure looks sweet in the photos. Its a shame that a sale may have fallen through on a (gas) engine issue. Most problems with gas engines are reasonably economical to straighten out if everyone is willing.

Wow! She is the prettiest I have seen inside...Very clean factory finish. Neat to see one in that shape. I would love to have that cockpit cover for mine. If you happen to have the template, let me know.

Re: engine issues. As I stated, I posted this for a friend and I offered the information that he gave me in good faith. I have not inspected the boat myself. Of course if you're interested in this boat, or any boat, you should always do your homework.

mtadamek,

I finally got a chance to speak to the owner today and he said that he does a lot of his own canvas work. He has a pattern and the old canvas that previously occupied that spot. I don't want to put phone #'s on the internet but if you send me a PM I'll give you his contact information.
    Last edited by Avenger; 06-13-2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375