Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this???

What is this???

These items have been in my parts bin on the boat for about five years now. I generally hold on to things for fear that they may be replacement parts for something important that may need repairing. However I cannot think of a thing for which they apply to. (The smaller 3 nuts are identical though one has a removable black plastic cover).

They almost look like a nut and pin set for installing a prop, but my shafts are bigger than this. Anyone have any ideas?

Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: What is this???

The three small nuts look like they go on an ignition key switch.

Are they from the Hynautic steering helm?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

It might be a couple of weeks before I get back to the boat. I will crawl under the console and check it out. However, sure looks like a big pin for the wheel.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know) View Post
    It might be a couple of weeks before I get back to the boat. I will crawl under the console and check it out. However, sure looks like a big pin for the wheel.
    Might be from multiple systems, i.e. not all related. P.s., these are secret mystery parts all new Hatteras owners find on their boats, which you dare not discard, as you may find they are very important! Then later, ah hah, you find out what they are really for!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...