Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honeywell Thermostats Free

I have two of the OEM mid-80's Honeywell Cruisair thermostats. They are free to a good home (you pay the shipping). Both worked fine when removed to make way for the new digital controls.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Honeywell Thermostats Free

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I have two of the OEM mid-80's Honeywell Cruisair thermostats. They are free to a good home (you pay the shipping). Both worked fine when removed to make way for the new digital controls.

Sky I will take them for spares. Russ Wurster cell 317 696 0764

Hi Russ,
    Just give me your address and I'll send them right out. If you don't want to post that here, send me a PM or email at skycheney @ msn.com.
    Sky Cheney

Sky,
    Am I to assume that you got all your CCC's in!! Any glitches, before I start mine?
    Chris

Chris,
    I have installed the CCC on 2 of my 4 systems now. The one on the 115v unit was pretty straightforward. The one on the 230v split air handler system looked to be more complicated. As it turned out, since I did not remove the PWX box, it was even easier. I basically just used the 4 wires that went to the Honeywell thermostat and that was enough to control the whole thing. The specs show that the CCC and operate a fan up to 6 amps at 230v. My two fans totalled 4.1amps, so I was fine without adding a relay in there.

Give me a call if you have any questions when you get into it.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Hi Russ,
    Just give me your address and I'll send them right out. If you don't want to post that here, send me a PM or email at skycheney @ msn.com.

Sky, My address is 8463 Castlewood Drive , Indianapolis, Indiana 46250.

How did the data marine stuff work out that I sent you? Russ

Russ,
    I ran the wires for the bridge units when I had the console down. Now I'm ready to hook it up. I see no reason that it shouldn't work out great. I'll let you know when I get it going.

The thermostats will go out tomorrow.
    Sky Cheney

Sky,

I have one of the old 110V units that the thermostat went bad (I have to whack it to get it to go on), What new digital unit did you get? Does it work better? Both heat and cool?

I have been OK with the old ones on all 6 ACs, maybe I just need to clean & adjust it.

Doug

Doug,
    The digital control is from Coastal Climate Control. They run about $400 and do all of the normal stuff plus some other things that I never use like the dehumidify function. There are something like 21 parameters that are programmable from fan speed to pump control, etc.

http://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/
    Sky Cheney

The same controller (called the FX-1) made by MicroAir (sold by Mermaid Marine Air) is available from Defender for $199. See page 78 in their catalog or website

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|48359|812829|813258&id=810759

This is not the 3 knob replacement style if that is what you are looking for. That is shown on Micro Air's website

http://www.microair.net/retrofit.html
    Last edited by fissioneng; 05-06-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt